Sunday, December 14, 2008

He REALLY likes me!

Hey ya'll!

As promised, this is my follow up post from Friday. Oh my, where do I begin? You remember...Mister M and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this weekend?

Well, let's see...we went straight to the hotel and after turning down the wrong room (it had twin beds in it. Who can celebrate 20 years of marriage with twin beds? WE can't! LOL) Anyway, they took care of that for us. We got all settled in and planned to just chill out for a bit before leaving for dinner. However, as Mister M. was unloading his pockets before lying across the bed to watch a little TV, he noticed that he didn't have his wallet. Hmm, that won't work at dinner tonight! Well, you guessed it, he had to drive all the way back home to get it. Thank GOODNESS we changed our hotel reservations from the downtown location to one about 20 minutes from home. He was convinced that he'd be back in plenty of time for us to leave for dinner at 6:45 (it was about 5 minutes to 6 when he left the hotel). I watched a little TV after he left and felt myself getting a little sleepy. So I thought it might be best if I went ahead and started getting myself together. I was all dressed an ready to go around 6:30. But my "date" still hadn't made it back yet. (Our reservations were for 7:15, mind you.). Anyway, he makes it back around 10 til 7. I called the restaurant to tell them that we'd be a little late. No worries! We arrived at 7:25...that wasn't too bad, huh?

We walk right in and they've got our table ready. Oh my goodness, they had us all set up in a quaint little dark corner of the restaurant. It was BEAUTIFUL! And on the table was a card and a dozen roses. We had obviously just missed Briyanna's sneaky delivery :-). She's a sweetheart! Thanks Bri!! The card was beautiful and the roses were simply gorgeous.

How bout a photo break?

See the roses? :-)

We totally enjoyed our meal...as always. And at an almost awkward pause between bites, I feel that I can wait no longer. I'd waited almost 2 months already to give my sweetie his gift. I LOVE to surprise people. So I was actually pretty proud of myself that I'd waited as long as I did. See the little Chinese food take out box on the table? That's the box I put his gift in. So cute! And once he showed that he was extremely happy with his surprise, he said, "Well, thanks, I LOVE it, but I didn't get you anything!" :-) Then he smiled and reached into a pocket of his jacket and pulled out a black velvet box. Check out what we gave eachother...

It still just makes me smile to see these. Aren't the beautiful?? For a few years now we've talked about upgrading our wedding rings. So we figured our 20th anniversary was the perfect time to do just that. Back in May, we'd actually gone to look at rings and Mister M. picked this one out for me. I was a blubbering MESS when he surprised me and put a deposit down on it :-). I can't say that I'd totally forgotten about it. But I was STILL very surprised when I saw it on Friday night. YES...I cried...AGAIN!!! I just LOVE it. And thankfully, he loves his too. He had no idea that I'd gotten one for him. As we'd talked about getting one for him some other time. So needless to say, I was happy to be able to get it for him on my own.

Anyway, here are a few more pix from that night.

After dinner, we just drove around downtown for a while. I love this time of year. Everything is all lit up and things are just so pretty and festive. But when you have some good company, all is perfect.

Once we ran out of places to look at, we headed back to the hotel. But not to worry, I won't give details about the rest of our evening, LOL. EXCEPT to say that we had some REALLY LOUD neighbors! Oh my GOSH!! These people were like rabbits! Ok, enough about that, lol.

It was so nice to be able to sleep in on Saturday. I think we got up around 10:30 or so. I mean, we needed the sleep...our neighbors kept waking us up throughout the night :-). After we checked out, we went to breakfast and to take my ring back over to the jewelry store for sizing. Fortunately, they do everything in house. So within a few hours, I had my beautiful ring back. After breakfast we headed back downtown to walk around Atlantic Station. I'll tell ya, there's nothing like casually strolling around, hand in hand with the one you love, and with no particular place to go or be. The weather was beautiful and the crowds were minimal. We looked in a few stores and just enjoyed eachothers company.

This is the giant Christmas Tree in the center of Atlantic Station.

Anyway, the weekend was beautiful and I totally enjoyed my anniversary celebration with the man of my dreams. Can't wait to see what the next 20 years holds for us!

Toodles!!

13 comments:

Gretchen said...

what a lovely time

happy anniversary

beautiful rings, but even more beautiful love between the 2 of you.

sounds perfect.

Jude said...

Happy Anniversary Dawn! What a great way to celebrate, and HELLO... those rings are gorgeous!! :)

Brown English Muffin said...

Congratulations on 20 years.. are you sure it's been 20 years you guys don't even look old enough to have been married that long!! And I mean it!!! LOL

Jacki Marie said...

awesome desserts! and you and Mr.M look so happy and content! Congratulations!!!!!

renee said...

Happy anniversary!

Lynilu said...

You two are the most gorgeous couple! (The rings ain't bad, either!!) Happy anniversary to you both! :)

Adrienne said...

Congrats again! Love the rings!!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww y'all just make me feel all warm and fuzzy! Happy Holidays Dawn, Mister M and family!

Emme Jay said...

It looks like you two had a wonderful time! 20 years eh? That is absolutely wonderful. many many more anniversaries and blessings to your family:)

Babydoll said...

SWEET!! Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas!

Veroncia Butler said...

The rings are absolutely gorgeous! Congrats to the both of you.

Muriel said...

I am glad you had a great anniversary. I hope you took the pictures.

Happy New Year!!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Ya'll look so happy! And I LOVE the rings!

Happy (very belated) Anniversary!