Friday, May 08, 2009

Happy Friday! Happy Weekend! Happy Mother's Day!

HAPPY - HAPPY - HAPPY!!!
~
Alright, alright...enough of all the happiness :-). I'm TIRED!!!
~
This has been a crazy week.
~On Monday, Mister M. worked from home, so that's always fun :-).
~On Tuesday - Cinco De Mayo - absolutely nothing exciting happened. Oh, other than Jayla starting her swimming lessons. That girl is a MESS! She has been wanting to take swimming lessons for quite some time now. But I wanted her to be comfortable in the water first. The instructor having to deal with a child who's scared of the water was a bit much for me...and I'm sure more work for them. SO, now that she will, without a second thought, jump off a freakin cliff into the water, I thought she was ready for lessons :-).
I mean, it kinda looks like she's having fun, huh? :-) And what's so great is, there are only 3 kids in her class. 2 boys that look to be about 8 or 9. Love that the class is so small.
~On Wednesday (Sixo De Mayo...lol), me and Mister M's mom spent the day together...at the eye doctors (oh joy!). Then we stopped by the mall where she picked up a few things and even bought me a big floppy hat for our vacation :-D. Thanks Mom!
~Then Thursday, was fieldtrip day. Sadly, the 1st grade classes only went on 1 field trip this year. And this was it. We went to the Chattahoochee Nature Center. I'm not much of an outdoorsy type (ok, I'm not outdoorsy at ALL). So it was quite the shocker to see me out there. Anyway, we wound up having a really nice day. Although it did get quite muggy and humid out. Oh and the mud was kind of an issue too. But all in all a good day. JAYLA on the other hand, about had a coniption! As we were finishing up our little tour of nature, a "dinosaur", aka, lizard, walked across our path. Before I knew it, the girl had practically CLIMBED up me! And that SCREAM!!!!! Makes my ears ring just typing it. THEN...yes, there's more. After the dinosaur fiasco, the "naturalist" who was giving us the tour, steps away for a minute to go get her little "friend" to show us. She comes back out with a 3 - 4 foot Eastern King Snake! (impressive huh, I remembered what it was called). Ya'll, I thought the girl was gonna start hyperventilating on me! She was BEEside herself! Alright, for the record, I don't do "dinosaurs" or snakes either. So I could kinda relate with the ole girl :-). But DOGGONE!! Anyway, after PROMISING her that she/we didn't have to touch or go near the snake, she was fine...kinda! Sheesh, what a day!
~
Thursday afternoon, as if the nature walk wasn't enough, Jayla had her 2nd swimming lesson. I'll tell ya, it's amazing what a difference 2 days makes. This girl was almost in fish mode yesterday. It was amazing. She just LOVES to learn new things and just absorbs EVERYthing! So yesterdays lesson was quite a treat to watch.
And NOW...for the coup de gras (sorry if I spelled that incorrectly). GUESS what Jayla got to do before her lesson was over? Check this video out...


...oh, and this one too.


Needless to say, she is LOVING her swim lessons. We still have 4 more lessons to go and once it's over, she'll receive a Level 1 Swimming Certificate. She's so excited.
~
Ok, well, I think that's about it for me today. But before I go, I'd like to wish all the lovely women out there a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY this weekend. And since I can't get these to all of you individually...he's some flowers for ya (aka, Flower Fix)
Toodles!

7 comments:

Lynilu said...

I love how she is taking to the swim lessons! Good for her!

And for you, sweet Dawn, Happy Mother's Day!

Babydoll said...

I love swim pictures and video! The nature trail story is hilarious!! I would have been screaming and running right along with her!! LOL!! Thanks for the flowers. :)

Gretchen said...

She is so brave already in the water. Great for her. Great teacher, too.

yeah, the snake thing is hard. I've pulled up my big girl panties and done a party at Reptile Man before, and thus was holding all manner of non poisonous snake. Eeeew. I actually like the bigger snakes better because they seemed to move a bit slower.

Charisse said...

Go Kayla!!!

Anonymous said...

If it wasn't for my friendly and wonderful swim instructor Christina. I think I wouldn't have taken to swimming so much. I'll be sure to send my kids to take up lessons with her. Where is she learning swimming anyway?

Brown English Muffin said...

I can't get the videos to work.....but I'll keep trying!! LOL

So glad to see she's in swim classes...you know me and my PSA mission!!!

Baby C takes her 3rd test this wednesday...they are both doing so well.

Brown English Muffin said...

ok I got it to work....look at my baby jump!!! Yes I said "my" baby!! She did good!!!