Sunday, July 21, 2013

"I am a Christian"

I have received yet another inspiring poem via email. My sister sent this to me a couple days ago. Thanks, Kimmy.

I do, however, have a confession to make. I am not really a Maya Angelou fan, but THIS poem of hers was really worth sharing. And who better to share it with, than my blog readers. I totally LOVE this! Hope you enjoy it too.

Christians - By Maya Angelou
When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'." I'm whispering, "I was lost, now I'm found and forgiven."
When I say..."I am a Christian", I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not claiming to be perfect, my flaws are far too visible. But, God believes I am worth it.
When I say..."I am a Christian", I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner, who received God's good grace, somehow!
~~~
Have an awesome day...you deserve it!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful poem and something to be reflected upon. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh Ijust had to comment on this one too! I actually really love Maya Angelou; her books and poetry have always inspired me so much. I heard her read in person once and she was great!!
This is a wonderful poem and so true!!!

Dawn Bibbs said...

For some reason this post was flagged as "Offensive". Not sure why...but I reposted it. If my being a Christian offends someone...Too bad for you! YOU'RE the one missing out!!
Love, Dawn