Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...EARLY!

Hey ya'll!
~
Well, here I go again, being such a slacker. Boy, I sure hope those of you who I use to check in on regularly haven't totally disowned me! I just KNEW that once school started back, I'd have more time to update my blog and read everyone elses blog. Well, no such luck!
~
I think this year, I've been at Jayla's school more than I was when she was in kindergarten. But I feel like I have just as much work to do. I dunno! Sounds like I'm just fishing for excuses. I'm not...but it just sounds like it. I DO miss you guys and I PROMISE that I'll get back to reading up on everyone.
~
HOWEVER, that ain't gonna happen THIS week! On Tuesday, we're heading to my moms house in Mobile, Alabama. And we will return next Saturday. So needless to say, I'll be away from the computer during that time.
~
ANYWAY, what have you guys been up to lately? Anything fun and exciting? OH...nevermind, don't tell me...I'll just read your blogs...DUH! lol
~
Alrighty, so since I updated last, my baby girl has had a birthday. Jayla turned 7 years old on Thursday, the 20th. Check her out before she went to school that day...

As you know, soccer season is officially over for us until the Spring. However, we still needed to have the end of season party for the big boys. WELL, Barcelona, our U16 team decided that they wanted to have their party here. And since their coaches are "boys" too...they were all for it, lol.
~
The only day that everyone had available to get together was Thursday night. Which, as I mentioned, happened to be Jayla's birthday. So, SOMEhow, all of the boys and our waitress got wind of this being Jayla's birthday. And within a few minutes, some waitresses called Jayla up to the front of the restaurant, announces that she's turning SEVEN, had her stand up on a chair and proceeded to sing a birthday song to her. The restaurant erupted with clapping and cheering. But none louder than our fun loving soccer team :-). Jayla had the biggest grin on her face and as they helped her down off the chair she says, (rather loudly, I might add), "Aww MAN! That was AWESOME!!!" Nothing like taking your SEVEN year old DAUGHTER to a good, wholesome, FAMILY restaurant such as Hooters!! What a proud moment....
~
In an effort to redeem myself and my family :-), Jayla had her REAL party yesterday. And for the record, we had her party at the same restaurant that wanted to charge us $766 to cater. I think it goes without saying that we came NO where remotely close to that amount. Anyway, here are a few pix from Jayla's Mexican Fiesta.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!!

I have something funny to show you. The other day, I'd stepped out of my craft room for a few minutes. When I came back, check out what I found...

YEP...she's asleep! She had crawled into my room, strategically placed herself under my chair and fell asleep. That silly goose! ~
Welp, that's about all I have for today. As I mentioned, we'll be leaving for my moms on Tuesday. And you know what that means...tomorrow is laundry and packing day.
~
Lastly, I neglected my Flower Fix duties...AGAIN last week. So here ya go...


So, before I go, I want to take a moment to wish you and your families a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I hope you guys have safe travels if you're going somewhere and have a wonderful time with your friends & family. Oh, and don't eat too much :-).
~
Toodles!!!

9 comments:

Gretchen said...

Have a wonderful thanksgiving, Dawn. Loved the pictures of your 7 year old! Fun parties.

Jude said...

I hope you guys have a great trip!! Happy Birthday to one of my favorite little girls too... her cake was amazing, and I am glad she got to go to that restaurant she wanted... LOL at the catering quote still... I remember that!
I hear ya' on the time issue. I feel like I am pulled in so many directions and it is crazy!
Happy Thanksgiving Dawn!

Charisse said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! Your daughter's birthday looks awesome, that cake is great! And about your craft room, I was totally thinking of putting fabric around my Target cubes to make the area look neater. Now I know it WILL look good and I am going to do it! Thanks for the motivation!

Lynilu said...

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, pretty Jayla! I cannot believe how you have grown since I met you!! I love your smile!

Adrienne said...

I LOVE that pic of her sleeping!!!! Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Susie Q said...

Loved these pictures Dawn...Jayla is just precious. Happy birthday to Jayla...a very special girl!

I understand time issues sweetie...me too! But i did want to drop in here and wish you a blessed Thanksgiving!!

Love to you all,
Sue

Tamara said...

Happy late Thanksgiving!!
Better late than never,huh?
*huggggs*
love all the pics.She's adoreable.Your family is just adoreable!

Babydoll said...

Just stopping by to say hello!! Happy Birthday Jayla!! I love that picture of her asleep under your chair. LOL! Hilarious!

Brown English Muffin said...

I cannot believe she turned 7...where in the world did time fly...where's the baby!! I mean she'll always be the baby...but where did the time GO!!!!!!!!!