Monday, February 06, 2006

I'm such a slacker!

My goodness, I haven't posted anything since the first of the month. Fortunately, it's only the 6th! But I sure do feel like a slacker. Guess I haven't had much to say lately.

However, now that the weekend is over, I do have something to share. Over the weekend, me and my sister, Kimmy, went to see the Alvin Ailey dancers perform at the Fox Theater (www.alvinailey.org). Oh my goodness, it was wonderful! We went to see them a couple years ago and it was just as great then. Those dancers are really impressive. I've often wondered how one can remember ALL those moves. I mean, I've got a pretty good memory...I think. But c'mon now! They performed several different dances, all of which are very different from one another. I think back to when I was a cheerleader. It was hard enough then to remember each cheer. But to remember all those dance steps...I was in AWE!!! I wasn't successful in talking my husband into going with us. He has this thing about seeing those...um, "men" dancing like that. I personally had NO problems watching them...SMILE!!! It was beautiful though. For those reading, if you ever get a chance to see them, GO! It's worth the time and money. Thanks Kimmy, I had a ball!!!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hmmm, so do I need to reconsider my plans and go see them? Glad you had a great time!

Diane said...

So you enjoyed the men in tights huh? Maybe you should get Marque a pair for V-day. ;) Don't tell him I said that! 8|

Muriel said...

I love to see them perform...I haven't seen them in awhile and I bet they are not coming this way anytime soon...

Glad you got to see them though!!