I know it's the season of giving. But right now, I'm STEALING!!! LOL. I'm stealing these questions from fellow blogger, Brown English Muffin. She had some really cool Christmas related questions on her blog. So I took it upon myself to "borrow" them from her. Hope she doesn't mind. Good news is, I'm using my own answers :-).
Well, here goes:
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate of course. Anything with the word "nog" in it, just doesn't sound very appetizing to me.
2. Does "Santa" wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Well, the Santa that lives in MY house, doesn't wrap NUTHIN! But his wife, on the other hand, does all the wrapping :-).
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? Definitely white. I got enough of the big ole incandescent sized light bulbs when I lived with my mom. Not to mention, colored lights are just too busy for my taste.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. It was never something our families did. Not to mention, I don't need to stand under some plant to get a kiss. :-).
5. When do you put your Christmas decorations up? Usually a week or so after Thanksgiving. OR whenever I can talk the Mister into bringing the stuff up from the basement.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I'd have to say my hubby's collard greens. YUM!!! With a slice (or two) of Honey Baked smoked turkey and some cranberry sauce.
7. What is your favorite holiday memory as a child? This is a difficult one. I guess I'd have to say just the anticipation of the day.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Well, I think I kinda figured it out on my own. I'm 40 years old and my mom still gives me gifts from Santa :-).
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. This isn't a tradition our family adopted. I think the kids wouldn't be able to stop at just one anyway. So it's best we don't even start this one.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Twinkling white lights with silver, green and Burgundy bulbs, and Burgundy poinsettias. So pretty.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I think snow is beautiful and makes for a beautiful Christmas day. However, since I live in Georgia, that's not a sight we get to see much.
12. Can you ice skate? Sure, I can ice skate...as long as my ice skates have wheels on them! LOL Ok, NO...I cannot ice skate!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'd have to say the gift my DH and I gave eachother in 1995. We gave eachother a trip to Jamaica....yes TOGETHER!!! We were actually there for Christmas. It was so cool (albeit not literally) to be on the beach sipping a virgin Strawberry Daiquiri. What a beautiful place....especially at Christmas.
14. What's the most exciting thing about the holidays for you? Seeing the kids faces when they see all the gifts under the tree. And when they open something that they really hoped for. Also, just getting together with family.
15. What's your favorite holiday dessert? My MIL's sweet potato pie. OR Chocolate Delight! YUMMY!!! Oh, and my good friend Stacey's apple cake...to DIE for!!!
16. What's your favorite holiday tradition? Unfortunately, our family hasn't really established any traditions. However, my wedding anniversary is about a week before Christmas. So DH and I usually spend our anniversary Christmas shopping for the kids. So, with that, I'm not sure if that's a Christmas tradition or an Anniversary tradition.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A big ole silver bow.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Now, I assume we're still talking about Christmas, right? LOL Ok, for those who know me, you know this is a touchy subject for me. As much as I enjoy receiving gifts, I really enjoy giving gifts to those I love. I buy the kids and my DH stuff throughout the year. But there's something about giving gifts at Christmas. Nothing like the sound of joyus laughter or that big surprised grin when a child gets that special gift they wanted.
19. What's your favorite Christmas song? "Celebrate me home" by Kenny Loggins.
20. Candy canes? They're alright. I can do with or without them. I'm not much of a mint person.
Well, there you have it. That was fun. Even though Miss Muffin didn't challenge anyone, I think I will. Ok ladies, you're up: Diane, Veronica, Muriel & Renee. And anyone else who's up for the challenge. Ooops, I forgot to add Tangee! Get on it girl!!! :-)
Merry Christmas everyone!
2 years ago