I told ya'll I'd be back today. I had good nights rest and I've already had a nice little nap today :-). So I'm good to go for now.
NOW, earlier this week, I was over visiting Susie Q, and she had this cute little Christmas list thingy on her blog. And if ya'll know me, you know I enjoy doing silly stuff like this. So, let's see what I can come up with...
Here are the rules: 1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas 2. Please refer to it as a 'HOOPLA' and not the dreaded meme. (What does "meme" mean anyways?) 3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere. 4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible. NOTE: if you've actually read Sue's "hoopla" list...you'll see that she didn't tag anyone as the rules state...she's such a rebel :-). But being that she's such a sweet lady and a dear blogging friend of mine...I'm gonna follow in her footsteps, lol. Enjoy...
12. As a child, every Christmas Eve, I'd have the same, AWFUL, scary dream. I almost hated going to bed. Oh, you wanna know what the dream was about? I'd rather not say. But since *I* brought it up....I'd dream that I was being chased around my house by giant jellybeans! See, that's not so strange, now is it? It is NOT!!! C'mon...I was a KID!!!!
11. Again, when I was a child and was supposed to be in bed on Christmas Eve, I'd sneak down to the living room and dip my fingertips in the melted pools of candle wax, then run back up to my room. You're probably asking yourself why my mom would leave candles lit all night with young children in the house? Oh,that's not what you're asking? Are you asking why I had such a fetish with scolding hot candle wax? Well, I also had a fetish with letting glue dry on my hands. I LOVE peeling stuff, OK??? :-) My mom could never figure out why my fingertips always hurt so badly when I was trying to open my gifts the next morning...and what's with that pile of red wax on the floor next to my bed? Beats me!!! LOL
10. I despise the smell of pine/Evergreen. Therefore, I do not get a live tree. I remember one year my mom asked me how come I don't buy live trees. I told her that I don't like the smell. SO, the brilliant woman that she is, suggested that I buy a can of "Evergreen" scented spray for our artificial tree. Talk about a DUH moment!!
9. One year, I was so adamant about having a wreath hanging outside every window of our house (9 to be exact). That I had my poor nephew, Markell, hanging out the windows...in the cold, putting clear hooks on the glass. He was such a good sport that year. Even when I kept dropping the hooks behind the bushes as I handed them to him. Did I mention it was dark at the time?
8. I'm sure I've mentioned this before. But we don't start our Christmas shopping until the week before Christmas. I would love to be one of those people who shops all year long. But I keep finding myself giving the person what I've purchased for them, right then! I'm not even thinking about Christmas shopping until around Thanksgiving.
7. A cardmaker I am not. However, I LOVE making our annual Christmas card. It seems every year I'm attempting to out do myself. And trust me, I work myself into a frenzy! I'm really nervous about the year I decide that we'll just go visit the 90+ people on our Christmas card list. At least I'll save on stamps :-D.
6. I have never experienced a "White" Christmas. I can't remember one single year that it has snowed here on Christmas day. Now, we've waken up to your basic frost on the grass and maybe a little "black ice". But never SNOW. Don't ya'll feel sorry for me? :-)
5. I'm not a huge fan of Christmas music. By Thanksgiving, I'm already tired of hearing it...hee hee. But as you know, I DO love Blue Christmas by Porky Pig :-). Talk about fun.
4. I think Eggnog has GOT to be the most disgusting beverage ever invented. What is it anyway? And you know, I'm not even sure it's because I don't like milk...it just LOOKS awful. I'm a visionary...and if it don't LOOK good, I ain't eating or drinking it. ACK!!!
3. Right up there with Eggnog, as got to be my lack of love for Fruitcake. Now who's idea was THAT?
2. When I lived at home, I remember my uncle from Texas used to send us a HUMONGOUS peppermint stick. People, I PROMISE you this thing weighed over 5 pounds! It looked like those yummy Bob's Peppermint Sticks - you know, the soft ones? And it had to be about 2.5 inches in diameter. I know the mailman used to HATE to deliver that thing to us :-). It took us ALL YEAR to eat it. That was also my first experience with a sledge hammer, LOL. Peppermint anyone?
1. This had to have been the hardest list I've ever done :-). I was really hard pressed to find TWELVE Christmas related oddities about myself.
NOW, It's time for the tagging part. But as I mentioned above, I'm gonna follow in Susie's footsteps and not tag anyone in particular. I'll just let you ALL know that this WAS really fun and that I'd love to enjoy EVERYONES Christmas Hoopla :-). I don't ask for much at Christmas time...but your joining in WOULD make me happy...kinda like a White Christmas would.
But no pressure though...:-D.
2 years ago