Thursday, December 06, 2007

Where did the week go?

WOW...I just looked at the date of my last post and it was on SUNDAY!!!

What's up with that?

I noticed in my last post that I didn't mention how our Saturday went. I think I mentioned that we'd be having a family photo shoot. Well, we did and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! Our friends Trish and Juan can ROCK a camera :-). Oh my goodness, you guys, they did SUCH a good job. They took Jayla by herself first and took about a million pix of her :-). Then we did a wardrobe change and they took a million more. What can I say? The girl is just downright CUTE!

Briyanna made it to the shoot and I was SO excited that she was there. I really didn't want to have to do another family photo without her. (we even had some of the girls by themselves. My girls are such natural beauties!) Again, Trish and Juan did an amazing job and made my family look GREAT. Even my hubby enjoyed himself...and he HATES having his picture taken. But I think since he knows Trish and Juan, he was very comfortable with them.

I can't WAIT until I can share them with you. Now I'm just waiting to get the ones I chose and get them on my Christmas cards.

Also on Saturday, I went to a friends 40th birthday celebration. Debbie and I have been friends since I was in the 3rd grade (she was in 2nd). Unfortunately, we don't get to see eachother much. So it was SO nice to see her as well as a few other people that I haven't seen in forever. Needless to say, with a bunch of 30 something year old women, it was a pretty sappy "reunion". But it was very enjoyable nonetheless. Love ya, Debbie!!

OK...let's see, what else has been going on since my last post?

I've been working on some Christmas gifts for Jayla's teachers. Boy, I sure hope they don't read this blog before the 20th of this month. As that's when they'll be receiving the gifts. But I'm gonna have to take a chance that they won't.

Remember the canvas bags that I've been decorating? Well, this is what they look like before I embellish them.
And this is what they look like when I make them for teachers :-).

Pretty, huh? The room mom...and now my close, personal friend, lol (Janet), did the monogramming for me. At the beginning of the year, the teachers told us what their favorite colors were (in case you were wondering why I chose the colors that I used). I'm real pleased with how they came out. Janet does beautiful work and I'm looking forward to getting more stuff personalized by her.

Ok, now before I go (for today), I just have to share this with you. Look at what I found at the Super Target...
You guys know what a huge Dr. Pepper fan I am, right? Well, I stumbled upon some Dr. Pepper flavored Jelly Belly's, in a cute little "soda" bottle. Is that not the cutest thing? Ok, it may not be THE cutest. But in the land of Dr. Pepper....it is what it is, LOL.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I have to help Jayla decorate a paper Christmas Tree for school tomorrow. Speaking of which, do kindergarteners REALLY have homework? I mean, seriously!!! 95% of the work they bring home, that's classified as "homework"...is actually PARENT/MOMwork. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...cuz I'm the self-proclaimed craft queen. And I enjoy all the "homework" WE get to do. But I'm just sayin.....

2 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

guess what my favorite soda is???
My son might be sick so I'll call you in the morning.

Kimberly said...

I am lovin those bags and I love me some Dr. Pepper too and to have it in jelly bean....bonus! Have a good weekend.