Friday, September 28, 2007
I have been ripping and running ALL day today. I took Jayla to school this morning, came home, laid back down for about 45 minutes, then I was up and out again. Today, the kindergarten classes at Jayla's school went on a fieldtrip to the North Georgia State Fair. So, me along with about 5 other moms from our class tagged along. I've never been to the fair before and had been wanting to go. My friend, Stacey, has been several times and warned me that it might be pretty boring and stinky, lol. Well, let's put it this way, I didn't have "the time of my life", but it was fun. The weather was beautiful and the kids had a good time. None of the rides were running, as the time of day that we went is mainly for school/daycare field trips.
After waiting in line for quite a while, it was finally our turn to take a "hayride" (minus the hay) to the first attraction. The first attraction was the "stinky" part of the trip. There were several animals for the kids to look at. There were turkeys, goats, a zebra, donkey's, a giant yellow snake, ostrichs, parrotts, minature horses...OH MY!!! :-)
After that the kids had their picture made with a clown, they toured the crafts displays, then took a picture in front of a big ole green tractor, (remember, I'm the class photographer? :-D). After the photo stops, we headed into the second stinky part of the tour. This time, we saw horses, cows, ducks, emus (not sure I spelled that right), and chickens (NOTE: chickens look a LOT better when they are plucked, fried, placed between a warm hamburger bun with a slice of pickle and placed in a white bag with Chick Fil A written on it...but that's just me.) Oh, the kids also got to feed some goats...YUCK!!! Can you say "Pass the Purell hand sanitizer?!?!) Then it was on to the highlight of the entire field trip.....Mayfield icecream sandwiches and apple juice :-D.
Welp, that was about it for the field trip. The kids were exhausted and getting a little hot and hungry. So,we headed back to the entrance and onto the bus they went. After dropping off one of the moms back at the school, I was off to run my errands. Then back to the school to pick Jayla up. What a day!!
So, what have you guys got planned for the weekend? You're not gonna believe it...we've got soccer...hee hee. Jayla has a 9am game, AGAIN. Then the Stingrays have their team pictures followed by their game at noon. Other than that, I think that's all we've got going on this weekend. Well, I thank you all for your patience....here's your flower fix for the day.
Have a beautiful weekend and I'll be talkin' to ya soon!! Toodles!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
By the Numbers
1. Age I was when I first walked: in my late teens, I think, lol. Just kidding. Uh, 11 months old I think is what I was told.
2. Age of my very first memory: I would have to say 2 years old. I remember going to Montreal, Canada with my family for the Worlds Fair. And Lou Rawls was the entertainment.
3. Number of stitches I've had in my life: Over 20...right across my stomach (from an operation I had when I was 6 years old) And then your "standard issue" 2 or 3 in that "special area" after birthing my first child....guess she was in a hurry to get here, lol.
4. Number of broken bones I've had in my life: 2. I broke my toe when I was 17 and my ankle about 2 years ago.
5. Number of cars I've owned: 8
6. Number of countries I've visited: Uhhh, is Mobile, Alabama a country? Ok, ok...I guess not. 2, I guess (Montreal, Canada & Jamaica)
7. The age I was when I moved out of my parents' house: 21...right into my own apartment with my very own Avacado green kitchen countertops and burnt orange kitchen sink.
8. Number of ex-boyfriends in my past: 5 or 6...but I'd rather not dwell on my unhappy past. lol
9. Number of televisions in my house: 3
10. Number of days old I am right now: 14,922 (Cheryl suggested that you...go HERE, to this really cool site,to find out how many days you've been around!)
Now wasn't that fun? I've said it before...I LOVE doing stuff like this. And I'm sure, as long as Cheryl is around, I'll never be at a loss of questions to answer, lol. Love ya Cheryl. Now, it's ya'lls turn. Feel free to answer these in my comments or leave me a comment stating that you're gonna answer them on your own blog. Have fun!!
Monday, September 24, 2007
"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the REAL things after all."
Have a beautiful week.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Before I go any further, I'd like to wish you all a happy FALL/AUTUMN. Again, looking at the calendar, I see that Fall doesn't officially begin until Sunday, the 23rd. But Happy Fall anyhow!!! :-) So here's your FFFF (Fall Friday Flower Fix) Aren't these pretty? I apologize if I've shared these before, as I try and delete the photos as I post them here. But it feels like I've seen these before. ANYWAY...they just scream Fall to me, so I thought they'd do (possibly again...lol).
I have something else I'd like to share with you too. I frequent a site called Roots Scrapbooking. And once a month, they have a featured designer. I was the FD back in February of this year. That was WAY cool for me. I was welcomed with such wonderful comments from people. This month, Tina Cockburn was the FD. And let me just say, she rocks! If you keep up with the scrapbook magazines on the market, she has been in several of them. Anyway, as part of Tina being featured, she suggested a challenge to us readers, to "scraplift" a layout and post it on the site. Tina offered a RAK to who she chose as the winner. Well guess what? I WON!!! Check out the scrapbooking stash she sent me:
What fun stuff!
So, what have you guys got planned for the weekend? Not only do we have the regular 2 soccer games tomorrow (weather permitting), Jayla also has team pictures. And get this...we have to be at the field at 8am for their 8:15 pictures. ARGH!!! That sure is early to get a bunch of 5,6 & 7 year olds to smile. Oh well, I hope everyone gets enough sleep so that they'll be in a good mood for pictures. Hmmm, I'd better go to bed now, lol.
Alrighty, that's all I've got for today. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Oh, and before I go, let's all congratulate JUDE on the birth of her new baby!!! CONGRATS!!!
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
"An open home, an open heart...here grows a bountiful harvest."
Happy Monday everyone. Where did the weekend go?
Well, as I predicted, Jayla's soccer game got cancelled on Saturday due to the soggy fields.
Probably for the best though. I think she's getting over a little cold. When she got up on Saturday morning, she said she didn't feel much like playing in the game. So, not 5 minutes after we told her that it was alright if she didn't play, we got a recorded message from the head coach stating that the 9am game had been cancelled. However, all other games would begin an hour later than scheduled. When we told Jayla that her game had been cancelled, she got upset. Well, wait a minute...didn't you JUST tell us that you didn't want to play anyway? This little girl is too much. She proceeds to tell us that, even though SHE didn't feel like playing, she still wanted to "support" her teammates.
Well, we all know what that means...now we're gonna have a make up game; probably on a Friday evening. Oh well, that's the nature of the soccer beast.
The Stingrays had their game as scheduled. And the weather was GORGEOUS! It was probably in the high 70's and there was a wonderful breeze blowing. Still warm enough to wear shorts and a short sleeved shirt. PERFECT soccer playing weather.
Ok, the parents thought it was perfect soccer playing weather...probably because we didn't have to play. The boys, on the other hand, weren't quite as convinced. They didn't play near as well as they did last weekend. We lost 5 - 2. Could be because they were only able to practice one day last week. I dunno...I'm just trying to find them an excuse. But I'm sure no excuse will do, because my husband...their coach, is gonna run them like crazy at practice tonight. Poor Stingrays!
Alright, that's all I've got with regards to my weekend. However, I do have a question for you guys. I realize that most of my readers are women...so this is for you.
Is it just me or are car dealerships/repair shops STILL in the business of trying to get over on women? YES...I am still having issues with my van. And YES, the "guys" at the dealership still think I'm making stuff up. Remember a month or so ago I had about $2300 worth of work done? Well, like you, I thought that was gonna be it. But Nooooo, my hubby had to take the van to get some MORE work done on it this past Friday. To the toon of $650!!! Ok, I won't go into any details here. But I will say this, I plan to write Mr. Nissan a nice little nasty letter. Which leads me to my next questions...Do you guys write to a company when you're not satisfied with their service? If so, what do you expect to be done to satisfy you? When you write to a company, how much info do you or should you give, to get your point accross?
ARGH!!! Now I'm ticked off again. More on this later...once I get my thoughts together...
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Ok, now for you readers who have an appreciation for the hobby of scrapbooking...continue on :-). Well, I've been on a roll here lately and have popped out quite a few LO's. Sure, it has taken me several weeks to complete these, as I'm just anal like that. But in my own defense, when you have a subject as beautiful as my Jayla is, these things can't be rushed...lol. (What a bunch of ka-ka, huh?) Ok, the part about Jayla being beautiful wasn't the ka-ka part, cuz there's truth in EVERY part of that...but me just being slow and anal and mojoLESS was the ka-ka part. But anyway, they are now done and I LOVE them.
These are more shots from the photo shoot that Jayla did back in April. If you've been keeping up with my layouts, the most recent ones I posted are from that same shoot.
OK, ok...I can tell when I've talked up something enough. So without further ado, here's my most recent work.
This first one is entitled: Lovely Day
I was driving down the street a few weeks ago and the song "Lovely Day", by Bill Withers came on the radio. This is one of my all time favs. As the song played, it made me think about Jayla and how she just brightens my day. Part of the lyrics say, "Just one look at you, and I know it's gonna be...a Lovely Day!" And to me, that perfectly describes how I feel about my little princess...Every single day.
This next one is entitled: Girly Girl
Not much needs to be said about this one. Jayla IS a girly girl...or a Girls Girl :-).
This one is entitled: Feisty Fairy
I simply love these shots. At first, she wasn't too happy about having to wear the little tu-tu. I think she said it was a little too tight around her waist. So we fixed that for her and the rest is "Feisty" :-). I just love the funky socks, the "old skool" sneakers and the expressions on her face. Once the "fairy" part of the shoot was over, Jayla was disappointed, she was NOW having a good time wearing the tu-tu.
Well, that's all I've got for now. But before I sign off for the evening, I want to give acknowledgement and a BIG OLE appreciation shout out to my friends over at Cherry Berry Studio. Cynthia and Lisa, ya'll ROCK and you sure know how to work a camera (you too Theresa). You guys are the best and I can't thank you enough.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Friday, September 14, 2007
I know, I know...it's not Friday yet. Well, you know that tomorrow I have an appt with Mr. "slave driver" Banks, lol. And I've also got a few errands to run in the morning. So I thought it would be best to post tonight and not make ya'll have to wait on me. I hear ya'll tapping your fingers on your tables when I'm late posting the flower fix...I HEAR YA!!!
SOOOO, with that being said, here's your fix:
Ok, by no means am I a cat person. But this picture is just cute, isn't it? (Those are cats, aren't they?) And wait, are those Christmas flowers? Oh, I dunno... they're pretty anyways. :-)
So, what have ya'll got planned for the weekend? I know you're gonna be shocked...we've got soccer :-). Well, we're supposed to anyway. The forecast calls for a 40% chance of scattered showers. Those kidders :-). Anyway, we'll see. I will say this though, if in fact Jayla DOES play on Saturday, I'm not looking forward to her 9a.m game. YES...I said, 9a.m...like in the MORNING, a.m....sheesh!!! Ok, ok...I'll stop complaining. It's only the 2nd game of the season! (which more than likely, we'll have to make up). Anyhoo...I don't think we have anything else planned...I mean, what else is there if there's no soccer???
Speaking of soccer/sports...I'm gonna take after my friend, Cheryl here for a minute. And throw in a few questions for ya'll...sports related of course.
1. Did you play sports as a kid? If so, what did you play? Well, back "then" this wasn't really considered a sport. But nowadays it is...I was a cheerleader. STOP LAUGHING!!! I was! I cheered for the Midway Packers. And we wore an icky green and white checkered skirt, goldenrod bloomers, a long sleeve goldenrod shirt with a flyguy collar, golden rod kneesocks, a white vest with a big ole green & goldenrod "P" on the front AND the standard issue black & white saddle oxfords. (I'll have to see if I can find a picture for ya). Funny note about the cheerleading. I was the ONLY black on a squad of 12 cheerleaders...and the football team that we cheered for was all black...except for one guy...LOL. Oh, I also played volleyball for 1/2 a season in high school. My mom made me drop off the team because the shorts were too short...LOL.
2. If you did play sports, were you forced to play or did you actually want to play? At first I was forced by my mother. She said I was a little "plump" and needed to do something to stay active. But then, she got tired of taking me to practice twice a week and games on Saturdays. So that's when my "want" to cheer kicked in.
3. What sport did you always WANT to play or be involved in, but you couldn't/didn't, for one reason or another? Even though I was a cheerleader, I always wanted to be one in highschool. My "Packers" days were at a local recreation center. So whoever paid, "played". I tried out a couple times for the highschool squad, but I never made it. Probably for the best though, I never could get those jumps right :-).
Well, that's all I've got for today. I hope you have a chance to answer these questions. I'd love to see what your future could've been...you know, besides a blogger :-). Ya'll have a great weekend.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
One Word Meme--answer the following questions with just one word. (NOTE: I'm not sure how some of these can be answered with ONE word. But I'm gonna try)
1. Where is your mobile phone? In the van
2. Relationship? married
3. Your hair? A MESS!
4. Work? SAHM
5. Your sister(s)?Kimmy
6. Your favorite thing? LOVE
7. Your dream last night? Weird (as always)
8. Your favorite drink? Dr. Pepper
9. Your dream car? Tahoe
10. The room you’re in? Playroom
11. Your shoes? Nikes
12. Your fears? Failure
13. What do you want to be in 10 years? Debt free
14. Who did you hang out with this weekend? Family
15. What are you not good at? Organizing
16. Muffin? blueberry
17. Wish list item? patience
18. Where you grew up? Georgia
19. The last thing you did? Taebo
20. What are you wearing?Work out gear
21. What are you not wearing? Glasses
22. Your pet? Trae (Dog)
23. Your computer? ON
24. Your life? Amazing
25. Your mood? Happy
26. Missing? Markell
27. What are you thinking about? Finances
28. Your car? Quest
29. Your kitchen? YELLOW
30. Your summer? HOT!!
31. Your favorite color? Purple
32. Last time you laughed? At Taebo
33. Last time you cried? At Taebo :-)
34. School? OVER
35. Love? LORD, Hubby, Kids, Chocolate
Now wasn't that fun? If anyone want to join in, feel free to do so. Have a groovy day!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Saturday, September 08, 2007
I was all ready for opening day today too. Check out me and Jayla's matching foot wear :-). You see, I also made myself some fashionable soccer ear wear...lol. I know, I'm such a soccer nerd mom. :-)
This last shot is another super sweet one. The cute blonde, Gracie, has also been a team mate of Jayla and Ashlee's since they were toddlers. Gracie's brother also plays on the Stingrays. The girls are sitting on the bleachers after their game eating snacks and watching their brothers play their first game of the season.
And speaking of the boys/Stingrays, they played AWESOME today. Boy, I sure wish Markell had been there. The boys beat their opponents 8 - 0 today! What a way to start off the season.
Well, it's on now!!! I absolutely LOVE soccer season. Sure, I complain about the heat, the rain and cold sometimes. But it's all so worth it. The kids also love it...I think THAT's what makes it so fun. I'll be sure to keep ya'll posted on both teams' standings. So far...so good!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.