Thursday, April 10, 2008

HONEY...I'm home!!!

HEY! How the heck are ya'll???
Oh, wait...before you answer...guess what? THIS is my 400th post!! How cool is THAT??? I'm suprised that I've had that much to talk about, lol.

Alrighty...so, how did you say you were? Boy, I've been a crazy woman lately. This week is Spring Break for Jayla. So she and I went to visit my mommaannem in Mobile, Al, lol. We had a great visit. But I will say this...I HATE the drive!!!

Let's see, where should I start? Well, fortunately, I wasn't running around all crazy the last few days before I left. Simply because, I had a check list of all we had to take with us. And I packed our bags on Thursday and loaded up the van on Friday evening.

But isn't it just my luck...Jayla and I do our good-byes to everyone, she hops in her booster seat and we're off, right? Not so much! I put the key in the ignition and nothing happens. My stinkin van wouldn't start!!! ARGH!!! Here I am, thinking I am on top of my "schedule" and my battery is dead. Long story short, Mister M. jumps the battery and tells me to follow him to buy another battery. Lord KNOWS I don't need to be stranded on the side of the road, in the rain with a 6 year old. So, an hour and a half later, we have a new battery installed.

But WAIT...There's MORE!!! :-)

As we're on our way to the battery place, it hits me that I haven't actually SEEN the portable DVD player. Can you imagine...me and Jayla on a 4 - 5 hour world wind adventure with NO movies??? So Mister M. goes back home to look for the DVD player for us. No dice! Therefore, we did what any other normal parents would do in a situation such as this. We went to Walmart and bought a new one, LOL. Ok...NOW we can get on the road.

Anyway, the trip was very uneventful. I took my time and just listened to Shrek and The Backyardigans :-). My original plan was to arrive in Mobile no later than 1 or 2pm. But due to the "issues" that arose, we didn't get there until 6pm. The rain and occasional traffic due to construction was also a factor. But we made it there safe and sound.

On Sunday, my mom took us to this big ole flea market. WHERE do these people COME FROM??? Anyhoo...we found some pretty good deals. Then it was a "surprise" visit to my cousins house for a birthday party. It was SO nice to see everyone. I just love laughing with all of them.

Monday, we hit the outlet mall. There's really nothing more that needs to be said, is there? LOL I LOVE a good bargain and a GIANT cinnamon roll with extra icing (and a Dr. Pepper!). We spend just about all day there.

Tuesday, we went visiting. I was SO glad to get to see my Great-Grandmother, Mama G. You guys, this woman is 3 months shy of her 104th birthday! She was actually in the hospital a week or so ago because she'd stopped eating/drinking. Needless to say, she was dehydrated. But they sent her back home. The doctors said it was just a matter of time before she died, as her body is just old. But you know what? She's not sick at ALL. Again, she's just old. So I was a little nervous that I wouldn't get a chance to see her alive again. But thankfully, she hung in there for me :-). Sadly, she was sleeping when we got there and never even knew I was there. But I did get to see her sleeping soundly and snoring up a storm, LOL. She's so cute. My mom got word yesterday that a nurse went to Mama G's house, and took her vital signs. Again, they say her body is shutting down. So it's only a matter of time. It will be very, very sad when she dies. As I was very close to her. My mom would tell me that, everytime she'd go visit Mama G, it would take her a while to remember who my mom is. But when it would finally come to her, she'd immediately say how she remembers how "Dawnie" sure loved those powdered donuts, lol. And she's right...when I was little I LOVED them. And still do today. Of all things to remember, she remembers when I was 4 - 5 years old and loved powdered donuts. That's a very special memory for me too. And for HER to still remember it, makes it even more special. Mama G has lived a VERY full life and has no regrets. So again, as sad as it will be when she passes away, our memories of her will outlive all of us. We're grateful that he death won't be tragic or untimely.

Alright, before I start crying...where was I? Oh, I got to visit some more family and just had a great time with my mom and her sweet husband, Peter.

Before Jayla and I got back on the road yesterday, we stopped by a fresh fish place to get some fish and shrimp to bring back home. Again, a very uneventul drive. The weather was beautiful and I just took my time. We got back in around 6pm yesterday. It was so nice to be back with Mister M and to sleep in my own bed :-).

Well, that's about it for now. Sorry, I didn't have any pictures this time. Maybe, I'll have to see what I can find for tomorrow. I'd better leave blogland and get back to these scrapbooks. YES...I'm still working on them.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Toodles!


6 comments:

Lynilu said...

OK, well, it's a good thing you posted this, 'cause I was about to send out the posse to look for you!

Congratulations of the 400th post!!

I'm just cracking up at the rocky start you got! What a mess! I've had a few of those in my life, too, and if nothing else, they make great fodder for blogging posts, don't they?! LOL!

I'm so sorry about your Mama G. It is so hard to lose someone you love like that. I'm sending hugs to help you get through the inevitable. :')

And most of all .... welcome home, Dawn!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Oh I am so glad you had a wonderful trip and visit with your precious family. I would love to just see Mama G. I pink puffy heart old people!
My Great Grammie would have been 118 yesterday if she were still alive.

Tricia said...

Wow girl! Before I even rad you had stopped and got another, I would had dome the same! LOL!
Glad you amde it back safely...yeah on your 400th post!

Cheryl Wray said...

Sounds like you a wonderful trip...although I know you could have done without the car not starting, the missing DVD player, etc.

Congrats on the 400th post! WOW!!!!!

And now...get to working on those scrapbooks!!! hee hee

Gretchen said...

I'm so glad you got to see your Mama G. Sorry about all the car issues. xxxooogretchen

Brown English Muffin said...

I wanted pictures...but I made the pictures up in my head and it was just as beautiful along with this blog entry. tks