Monday, May 26, 2008

Ummm, BBQ & other ramblings

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Oh how I love an excuse to fire up the ole grill. Ok, ok...let me rephrase that. Ahem...Oh how I love an excuse for me not to have to cook. Ok, that's better, lol.


The summer is the one season that Mister M. does not mind cooking. Although some people don't consider "grilling" actually "cooking". Call it what you will...Mister M. is doing it and I don't have to, lol. As a matter of fact, he won't even let me go near the grill. That's the "MAN OVEN". Fine with me. I just love the results. I love the taste of anything grilled. Well, almost anything.

Guess what? Markell is coming over today. He'll actually be spending the entire week with us. I'm really looking forward to seeing him. I think Thanksgiving was the last time we saw him. I'm gonna try and find a day to hook him up with some of his old soccer buddies this week. That should be a fun reunion.

Oh darn, I just remembered something. In my last post I talked about the soccer tournament we went to in Columbus. But in all my "venting" about the crazy fans, I forgot to share something with you. I'm sure Cheryl was wondering where this was...Yep, the infamous hotel bed jumping photos :-). This is Jayla and her friend, Jordan. Jordan and her family were in a room just down the hall from us. So the first night we were there, I went to their room and asked if I could "borrow" Jordan for a minute. As our family has a hotel tradition that I'd like her to join in with us. You should have seen Jordan's face when I told her she COULD jump on the bed, lol. She said, "Seriously??" lol. Anyway, there you have it.

So, did you guys have a nice weekend? Today doesn't feel like a Monday/Holiday to me. Most of the day, I've been thinking it was Sunday. I mean, we went to church yesterday. But still, today feels like a Sunday. I LOVE Sundays!!!

On Saturday, we surprised some dear friends of ours. Shanna and her family live about an hour away. We've been exchanging emails quite a bit recently. And in one, she mentioned that her oldest daughter was graduating from high school. They were having a party for her on Saturday and said "if" we could, to drop by. Well, being that we haven't seen them in FOREVER, I thought we'd surprise them. And by FOREVER, I mean just that. The daughter that graduated, we haven't seen since she was about 3 years old. Their middle daughter is 14 years old and the last time we saw her, she was about 6 months or so. And their youngest is 9 and we've NEVER met her. Needless to say, they've never met Jayla either. So it was quite the surprise. We got a little "misplaced" driving out there. But we made it. We walked up to the porch and Bobby, Shanna's husband, came out to greet us. (Bobby and I went to high school together. Shanna and I use to work together. One day, I happened to see a picture of Bobby on her desk. I asked her how she knew him, as I went to high school with him. She told me he was her fiance. What a small world. Anyway, we've all been great friends every since).

Shanna comes to the door to see who Bobby is talking to. And when she saw us, she slams her door open about passes out, lol. She gave me the biggest, longest hug. You should've seen Bobby and Mister M. standing there looking crazy, as their wives hugged eachother and cried. It was priceless. Here's me and Shanna.

Alrighty, that's about it for my weekend and upcoming week plans. How bout a fun list. I borrowed this from Susie who also borrowed it from someone. Like Susie, I love stuff like this. So, if you're already bored, feel free to stop reading here and I'll see you on the next post :D.

1. Last Movie you Saw in a Theater: What Happens in Vegas. Very cute, chick flick.
2. Favorite Board Game: I don't really like board games. But if I HAD to choose, I'd say 'The Newlywed Game" or "Outburst".
3. Favorite Smells: Coffee brewing, clean babies, NEW Pampers, chocolate chip cookies baking, my husband, my MIL's cooking, cakes/brownies baking and new vehicles
4. Favorite Sound: Children laughing, especially my daughters and when someone says they love me.
5. Worst Feeling In The World: Feeling lonely, feeling scared, being lost
6. Favorite Fast Food Place: Chick Fil A (DUH!!) But I do love the fries at Mickey D's and the burgers at Wendy's.
7. Finish This Statement. “If I Had A Lot Of Money I’d…”: Buy my mom, my sister and my oldest daughter the home & car of their dreams, buy Mister M. the car of his dreams, have the home of our dreams built, buy myself a brand new Tahoe with a lifetime supply of gas ;D and donate the rest.
8. Do You Sleep With a Stuffed Animal? Yes, his name is Mister M. :)
9. Storms-Cool Or Scary?: Both. If it's nothing that's potentially life threatening, it's cool.
10. Favorite drink: Another DUH question :-). Dr. Pepper and sweet tea (as if there's any other type of tea)
11. Finish This Statement, “If I Had The Time I Would …..” TIME?? Not sure that's exactly what I'd need. But I'd have another baby.
12. If You Could Dye Your Hair Any Color, What Would Be Your Choice? Hmmm, why couldn't I dye my hair any color? It's MY hair! Well, maybe I'd just go all grey. I love my grey hair.
13. One Nice Thing About The Person Who Sent This To You: Well, being that no one actually sent this to me. How bout if I say one nice thing about the person I "borrowed" it from? Let's see, although I've never met Susie IRL, I'd still say that she's a sweetheart. What I DO know about her is, she's very genuine and sincere. I would love to sit and talk with her and just really get to know her better.
14. What’s Under Your Bed? Dust and maybe a few of Trae's toys and perhaps one or two of Mister M's socks.
15. Would You Like To Be Born As Yourself Again? Yes, but only with thinner bones, LOL.
16. Morning Person Or Night Owl? Night Owl. I don't stay up as late as I use to. But I do love the evenings.
17. Over Easy Or Sunny Side Up? Neither! ICK!
18. Favorite Place To Relax: By the pool, on the beach or whereever my husband is.
19. Favorite Pie: Oats 'n Honey Granola Pie http://www.pillsbury.com/search/searchresults.aspx?terms=Oats+
This recipe is DEEElicious. If you ever make this, please note that the recipe is for 1 deep dish pie crust or 2 regular pie crusts. I made one for each of Jayla's teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. They LOVED it! (Thanks for the recipe, Mom!)
20. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Chocolate, Butter Pecan, Chocolate Almond Coconut (Brusters)


Ok, ok...I'm done for now. See what happens when I'm gone for a while? I can't stop talking ;). Anyway, ya'll have a great Holiday weekend and a wonderful upcoming week. I'll be talk to ya...

10 comments:

Lynilu said...

Don't you wonder how you let an hour drive stop you from seeing friends like that? I've done the same, with just a slightly longer distance, but still ..... I'm glad you went there and renewed the friendship!!

A whole week with Markell?? Wowser!! That's excellent! I'll bet Jayla is excited, too, isn't she? I hope you guys all had a lot of fun this weekend!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Okay.....it is SO cool and fun that I was just thinking about bed jumping (Go to my blog and you'll see why...yep, the first bed jumping pics of the summer!!! lol) and I was thinking that maybe someone else would be posting some soon. I LOVE it!!!!! And SO glad that you're spreading the bed jumping love along to some of Jayla's friends. :-)

Your answers are GREAT!! I may have to steal that list!

Brown English Muffin said...

Ohhh I want to make that pie!!! I love the info...weird I could have answered a few of them for you!! Wonder what that says!!!

Brown English Muffin said...

Oh yeah Jayla is getting sooo tall!!!

Monogram Queen said...

How nice that you got to surprise your friends. I love stuff like that!
Bed jumping, I allow it anytime even at home LOL (bad Mom - I know).

Gretchen said...

What a great Memorial Day you had. We did too. Lots of relaxation and a little bit of yard work. Saw tons of eagles, too. Have fun w/Markell and the rest of the fam. I love your grey hair, too.

xxxooogretchen

Jude said...

I am LOL at the "NEW pampers"... loved reading your list, and glad you will get some time with Markell this week too. :) Oh, and I am all for grilling food too!!!

Jada said...

YOu had a great holiday weekend!My dh grilled too for the holiday,but I still had to do some cooking!:(
We had friends and family over we were eating and drinking and laughing having a good time.I love getting together with family and friends.

Babydoll said...

Love the photos of the bed jumping!! Boy do I remember those days. Sounds like you had a nice cook-free holiday!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey mama, not really sure which question asked about time (i think it was 12) but there will be NO MORE babies missy!! Oh, and I would LOVE a Mercedes CL 550 please!! Mmmuuahh!!