Friday, November 25, 2005

Giving Thanks...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Wow, I can't believe that it's already THAT time of year. I simply LOVE Thanksgiving. Not only for ALL the wonderful food. But mostly for the fellowship with family & friends. We hosted Thanksgiving this year and I think at any given time there had to be at LEAST 50 people here (my husband has a huge family). Everyone was on time...well, almost everyone. I've noticed a trend...people are usually on time when there's good food involved, huh? I have to admit though, it was a little more work than I thought it would be. Oh, we've hosted this feast before and had just as many visitors. But this time was a little different for me because...remember...I have a broken ankle!!! So I hobbled around all day. Boy was I in pain. But THANKFULLY, I got through it without having to self-medicate :-). I had SOOO much help and had just as many people telling me to sit down and elevate my foot. Sure, I put up a fuss...but that's my job :-). I was so thankful to see so many family members we hadn't seen in a while, including my oldest daughter, Briyanna. I think everyone had a really good time and left with a full heart as well as a full belly. It's so nice to have a moment, even amongst all those people to just stop and listen. You hear stories being told, you hear reminiscing about old times and about those who are no longer with us, you hear laughter, you hear children playing and of course you hear football and grown men yelling at the TV. What a treasure to have a close family and to see love being spread throughout a home. No wonder it's called Thanksgiving. Because that's what we were doing...giving God thanks for giving us family to share our lives with. What a blessing!

No comments: