Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Special events

Hey ya'll!

Well, first things first. We had a really special day this past Sunday. And I'd love to share it with you.

First of all, this cute little boy....(sorry for the 2 grainy photos)
...had a birthday on Sunday.

And here he is today... (well, not really "today"...but a year or so ago, lol). He's so hot in this picture, I just had to share it.
Happy Birthday, babe! I love you bunches and bunches!!!

The other special event we had on Sunday was Jayla's baptism. Ya'll, when I say this child was UBER excited about this...it's an understatement :-). She has been inquiring about Jesus and about being baptized for quite a while. And we thought she was finally ready. So what better day to do it than on your daddy's birthday? I let the birthday boy take the pictures...so sorry, for the partially cut off head of the Youth Pastor, LOL. Daddy was just as excited as Jayla was :-).
After Jayla was "dunked", she said, "WOOO!!! I'm a baptized girl now!!" Everyone in the chapel just burst into laughter. She was so excited.
At one point, before she and the 3 other people were baptized, I noticed that Jayla was tearing up. So I motioned her over to my lap and asked her what was wrong. She smiled and said, "Mommy, I just can't believe all these people are here for ME!" (along with me and daddy, there were 10 other family members there to witness this special moment in Jayla's life. Also, the other families that were there for the others being baptized.) So I was glad to find out that those were happy tears.
Here are a few more shots from that special day.
The birthday boy :-), me and Jayla with her certificate of baptism.
The birthday boy and our daughter, Briyanna.
After the baptism, we all went to dinner and had a great time. Mister M. and Jayla had a special dessert request. However, it wasn't on the menu. So when we got home, we had some of this yummy Lemon Pie that I made for them. It's a SUPER easy recipe that my mom gave me.
Ingredients:
Juice from 2 - 3 squeezed lemons
1 can of Sweetened Condenced Milk
1 8oz. container of Cool Whip
1 Ready Made Graham Cracker Crumb Crust
Directions:
Mix the first 3 ingredients together, pour into the crust and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours or until filling is set. Enjoy!!!
That's it! Thank you for sharing in our families special moments. Enjoy your day...

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Thank you for sharing her baptism with us, Dawn. All of you look so great in those pictures. What a memorable day.

Wooooo, she's a baptized girl, alright! :)

Lynilu said...

Lots of good things!

Peace and happiness for Jayla!

And Happy Birthday, Mr. M.

(And you're right, Dawn. He is a very handsome man! Don't tell him, though, because we don't want him to be a swelled head! LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your daughter's special day! Baptisms always make me cry- I can't even imagine the tears when my own children take that step. You have truly been blessed with a beautiful family.

Tricia said...

How exciting!!!
Thanks for sharing your joys... =)
XOXO

Monogram Queen said...

Happy Birthday Mister M (you handsome devil you!)

and Congrats on your special day Miss Jayla!

Brown English Muffin said...

wow another thing we have in common dh's who love lemon desserts....my dh will go for ANYTHING lemon or even lime if lemon isn't there...I'll have to try this for him...thanks for the recipe.

And that was sweet that Jayla cried for all the people that were there for her...she's a really sweet and special little girl...I like love her spirit.