Hello all, I hope this post finds you well.
This morning, I was doing my usual BLOG reading, and I came across this challenge. From what it appears, Diane "borrowed" this from "Cheryl", whom she saw had left a comment on my blog a couple of times. Don't you just love "networking"? ANYWAY, Diane didn't tag anyone to answer these questions, but I thought it was really interesting, so I'm kinda tagging myself, so to speak :-).
Ok, here goes. Kinda long, but the questions are fun and different from others I've seen. Enjoy!
1. What did you do in 2006 that you've never done before?
Hmmm, let's see, I have NO idea! How odd is that? If I think of something, I'll come back to this one.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Miki had a little girl named Zaidah, fellow blogger & friend, Melanie had a little girl named Courtney and my friend Jamie had a son named Branton.
3. Did anyone close to you die?
4. What countries did you visit?
Mount Vernon, IL...HEE HEE!
5. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
All of our debts paid and an unlimited supply of funds.
6. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
I'd have to say my BABY starting school (Pre-K).
7. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Again, Thankfully, NO! Although I did find that it's NO fun to have even a basic cold while driving through the mountains of TN! That was the worse congestion I've EVER had!
8. Who's behavior merited celebration?
My oldest DD. She's continuing to surprise me and make me proud of her independence. And my aunt, Aleada who KICKED breast cancers BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. Who's behavior made you apalled and depressed?
I'd have to say my dad. I love that man more than any man I've ever known. And that being the case, any behavior "issues" he has, hurt and upset me the most. I only want what's best for him. And his well being & health are VERY important to me. Enough said!
10. Where did most of your money go?
Other than the speeding ticket that my DH got :-), most of our 2006 money went to finishing our basement & getting hardwood floors.
11. What did you get really excited about?
Getting back in touch with and hooking up with an old high school friend. And exercising.
12. Compared to this time last year, are you, a) happier or sadder, b) thinner or heavier, c) richer or poorer?
What a question. I think I'm happier, thinner (YAY me!) and poorer. Two outta three ain't bad!
13. What was your favorite TV show?
Same as always, The First 48, American Justice, Law & Order: CI (actually, just about anything on the A&E Channel) and The Backyardigans (Everyone needs a little balance, right?)
14. What was the best book you read?
BOOK??? I don't really read books. I'm more of a magazine person.
15. Is there someone or something you missed this past year?
As always, I missed my grandfather, Cliff and my sister-in-law, Paula both passed away in 2005. I also missed my friend, Dee Dee...we let, yet another year pass us by without seeing eachother. Hopefully, 2007 will be better and we'll make more of an effort to reconnect.
16. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Back in November, I turned 40!!! My DH took me out to dinner at Ruth Chris Steak House in Buckhead. It was WONDERFUL and Deeeelicious!!!
17. What kept you sane?
Who says I was sane to begin with is MY question?!?! But I'd have to say my faith, my family, my friends and my scrapbooking hobby.
18. What is one new thing you'd like to accomplish this year?
I'd like to meet my weight loss goal. However, if I continue at the rate I'm currently going, I'll be well into my 60's by the time I hit it...LOL! After my 1 year at Curves (June '07), I may have to kick them to the "curve" and kick it up a notch in a REAL gym. More on that later...
19. If you could do one thing this year and not get chastised by or for it, what would you do?
Spend money like my last name is Gates or Trump!!! :-)
20. If you could meet one blogger in 2007, who would you want to meet?
Well, I've given this one quite a bit of thought. And I've actually come up with 4 (I know, that's not what the question asked...but what the hay!) I'd love to meet, Tangee, Tiffany, Brown English Muffin & Veroncia.
Ok, unlike Diane, I'm gonna tag some folks. So I'd love to see Tangee, Brown English Muffin, Veroncia, Renee, Maria and Muriel take this challenge. And anyone else who feels led to do it, handle yo bisness!!! :-)
3 years ago