Monday, February 19, 2007

It's almost time...

For those of you who keep up with my blog, you'll remember that both Markell and Jayla play soccer, right? Well guess what? The 2007 Spring season is about to start...YAY!!! I'm serious, I LOVE that the kids play and enjoy soccer. And I just love being out there too; watching them play and chatting with all the other parents. We've been very blessed to be a part of such a close knit group of people. We've all been together since the kids started their "careers". And we even socialize outside of the soccer fields. We're like a big ole family.

This will be Markell's 8th season (he decided to take the 2006 Fall season off). UGH!!! I thought I'd NEVER get over THAT decision! But we made it through and by the middle of the season, that boy was ready to get back on the field. I can't tell you how many times he asked when registration was for the Spring season, hee hee. And for someone who's as good as he is and as anxious as he was to start back playing, January took FOREVER to get here.

Now this will be Jayla's 4th season playing. And this girl was asking about the 2007 Spring season about a month BEFORE the last season was over :-). It was SO cool to see her and all her under 6 team mates, finally get the concept of the game. I'm convinced I saw little light bulbs over their little heads as they practiced...LOL!

We took the kids to buy new cleats on Saturday and they were both SO excited. I think it just made them realize that it was REALLY almost time to get back on the field. Markell chose some really cool cleats that he THINKS will make him play like the famous professional Barcelona player, Ronaldinho. And Jayla HAD to have shiny red ones that she THINKS will make her run as fast as a cheetah (that's the name of her team)...LOL.

"Coach Daddy" even looked for some new footwear. But he couldn't justify paying over $200 for the authentic Ronaldinho cleats. Good decision, huh? :-)

Practice will begin within the next week or so and the first game in the first weekend of March. So once again, our weeks will be filled with 4 practices and 2 games. What a life!!! :-)

Of course, as the season progresses I'll share how everyone is doing. Until then, I'm just gonna enjoy getting ready for another great season.
GO Stingrays!!! GO Cheetahs!!!




5 comments:

renee said...

Love the blog changes. So cute. We may actually do baseball this year. Ross's basketball coach wants him to try it.

Adrienne said...

We are doing tennis. It starts Saturday lol

Diane said...

Love the red cleats. ;)

Jude said...

Yep... we are getting ready here too. I found the cleats, and I am hoping last year's shin gaurds will still work! Have fun cheering on the sidelines!! :)

Veroncia Butler said...

Love the cleats. I'm so not an outdoor person. So I'm hoping that Ava sticks to the indoor stuff like ballet, gymastics, and martial arts...LOL Have a ball on the sidelines.