Friday, May 18, 2007

What happened on my birthday?, week wrap up & Friday Flower Fix

Ok, I'll be honest...I about passed out when I saw that Lynilu tagged me on her blog :-). She gave me a stearn talkin to when I tagged her a little while back. So that's why this shocked me so much...lol.

But I have to admit, the tag she gave was pretty darn interesting. The rules were for me to go to the Wikipedia site and type in my birthday, minus the year in the search bar. List 3 events, 2 births, 1 death and 1 holiday from my DOB, then tag 5 friends to do the same. Well, no one has ever said that I don't follow directions. SO...I did as I was asked...and here are the results:

November 17th

EVENTS:
1939, The Rome - Rio De Janeiro air connection is created.
2003, Arnold Schwarzenegger is inaugurated as Governor of California.
2004, K-Mart Corporation announces it's buying Sears Roebuck & Company for $11 billion and naming the newly merged company, Sears Holding Corporation.

BIRTHS:
1925, Rock Hudson, American Actor (d. 1985)
1944, Danny DeVito, American Actor

DEATH:
1998, Esther Rolle, American Actress (from the 1970's show, Good Times)

HOLIDAY:
International Students Day

Oh my, sorry, was I snoring? hee hee Talk about an exciting day over the years, huh? I promise not to bring any of this up when my birthday comes later this year...lol.

Alrighty, the next step is to tag 5 people to do the same with their birthdays. Ok, Jude, Cheryl W., B.E.M., Muriel & Susie Q.....you're up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow afternoon, after we check Markell out of school, we're heading to Columbus, Ga for the State Soccer Championship. I haven't been going to the practices this week, but I hear that the boys are looking great and are ready to put on their game faces (it's good to be married to a coach). I also hear that the Stingrays are going to be up against some stiff competition this weekend. So keep your fingers crossed...I'll fill you in on Monday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FRIDAY FLOWER FIX

The day the Lord created hope & beauty was probably the same day He created Spring.

Have a beautiful weekend!

6 comments:

Jada said...

I will be crossing my fingers for the stingrays.GO STINGRAY GO STINGRAY GO GO GO!!!!!!!

Gretchen said...

Good luck, Soccer mom! Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for the beautiful flower fix. Blessings!

Brown English Muffin said...

"1998, Esther Rolle" how funny I went to college with her nephew!

Gretchen said...

You've been tagged...:)

Lynilu said...

I so miss Esther Rolle. She was funny!

Jude said...

What a fun tag... I will get on it asap... you know me!!