Monday, August 13, 2007

1st Day Update

Hello again.

Well, the first day of kindergarten for Jayla went off without a hitch. She gets out of school at 2:10 and I was in the carpool line at 1:35pm, lol. I couldn't help it. I just couldn't wait to hear how her 1st day went.

Now, we live about 1.3 miles (give or take), from the school. This girl talked from the time she stepped up in the van until we got home. And to her, the most exciting part of her day was playing some game called Doggie Dog. I have NO clue what that is. And the fact that she has tried to explain it to me for the past 5 hours isn't shedding any light. Oh well, as long as she had a good time. And the other highlight of her day was having salad for lunch. She LOVES salad but the exciting part was having "Blue Trees" dressing on it :-).

Another exciting part of the day was the fact that Jayla got to be the very first line leader. That obviously puts one in the best of circles in the world of kindergartners :-).

I was pleased to hear that kindergartners still take naps. But I'm thinking that wasn't quite enough rest time for our little princess. She crashed and burned about 2 hours after getting home, lol. They must've worn my baby out today. I think she went into this day so excited that she finally came down from that high. Hopefully she won't be as worn out in the days to come.

Thanks to all of you for your sweet words of encouragement, as we go into this new chapter of childhood. It's gonna be a fun ride!

11 comments:

Susie Q said...

What a blessing a great day is! I am so happy her first day went so well.
Maybe you did not cry but I sure did when I saw the pictures!

Love to you all,
Sue

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that you guys had a great day.

Trina said...

How sweet!!! Glad to hear her 1st day was fun. I have not idea how I will be when my little one gets there.

Adrienne said...

Awww! Glad she had a good day!!!

Brown English Muffin said...

ahhh it sounds like she had a wonderful day...oh and when you find out how to play that doggie game let me know!!!

Lynilu said...

What a great story! And I gotta tell you, that little girl poses like a pro! She is so photogenic ... besides being cute as can be!

I knew she would be alright. I'm glad to hear YOU survived the big first day!!

Leah said...

I bet your little girl is such a joy to be around and a total ball of laughs. I can just hear her chatting away about the first day! :) How fun!

Jada said...

I am glad she had a wonderful day!!This means she is loving it.Wow I remember taking naps in kindergarden:)

Melissa said...

Anna Marie was the first "line leader" in her class too!

My little one told me that there was so much to tell me everyday that she just couldn't tell me it all - and that's saying a lot, because she gets her chatter box skills from me!

Gretchen said...

Kindergarten is so fun! Good for Jayla being the first line leader. What a cutie. You can breathe now, Mom, she made it. :) xxxooogretchen

Andi said...

Hey I stopped by to see what you did with the name game and Monique!!! I read your comment on Susie Q's blog and it made me laugh. I got tagged as well but luckily for me...my middle name is Ruth!