Sunday, December 25, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS (day)

Merry Christmas again everyone. Ok, there's no snow on the ground in Mobile. But I swear to you, I saw a penguin coming out of the bathroom this morning. It is FREEZING in this house!!! Guess mom's just trying to get everyone in the spirit :-).

The kids have had a ball already since we've been here. Peter even took some time to teach the kids how to shoot a bow & arrow in the back yard.

On Christmas Eve, Peter's parents, my grandparents and my uncle came over for dinner. Oh my goodness, it was so good. I would tell you what all we had, but I don't think my mom would want a bunch of strangers knocking on her front door trying to place an order to go :-). My mother is such a trooper. I think she spent about 85% of the time we were there in the kitchen. Thanks mom & Peter, dinner was fabulous.

On Christmas day, the kids got up early and headed to the living room. There were twice as many gifts under the tree compared to what they saw the night before. Probably because my sister was up all night doing last minute wrapping :-). I think they both were very happy with the gifts they got. Although, it was a little hard to explain to Jayla that there were more gifts to open back in Atlanta. She was a little upset that the Dora The Explorer Talking Kitchen didn't make it to Mobile. Who knows? Maybe it's at home....

Later in the day on Christmas, we got to go visit my great grandmother, Mama Gaitwood. I love that lady so much. Are you ready for this? She turned 101 years old back in July. Her memory is fading a bit, but I'm glad to say that she always remembers me and the fact that I love powdered donuts.

On Christmas night, MORE family came over and mom and Peter worked the kitchen once again. I think there were about 30 + - people there. We had a blast playing the Dirty Santa game and everyone did really well with the gifts. And there were no fights over gifts being stolen :-).

Mom and Peter, you guys are such wonderful hosts. And we were honored to spend Christmas with you. We love you!!! And I'm not even mad that one of the gifts I got while we were there was a cold.....A-A-AACHUUUU!!!!!!! :-)


1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Awwww, how sweet.....feel better soon!!!!