Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Early Christmas Gifts


I'm sure that by now, everyone has heard the statement, "Wow, I can't believe it's ALREADY Christmas!". Well, I'm gonna add to the mix and say..."Wow, I can't believe it's ALREADY Christmas!" :-) I can't!! Because it seems like we just got back from our summer (July) vacation in Destin, Florida. Ok, that's pushing it a bit, huh? Anyway, regardless if Christmas IS next Sunday, I'm not ready yet! Just one more month, that oughta do it!! Can you believe I haven't even started shopping yet? We don't do too much shopping actually. My husband and I will start (and finish) our shopping this coming Friday, the 16th. We plan to spend the day together and do all the shopping for the kids and our parents. That's about it. Not sure yet what the plan is for shopping for eachother. Hmmm, I'd better look into that. Thankfully, we've ONLY got 3 kids to buy for. Our oldest is pretty easy to buy for. She doesn't live at home anymore so that sounds like a gift certificate to me. The 10 year old has a MASSIVE list. Looks like we need to be a little selective with him. And the 4 year old has been adding to her list for the past 2 months....the same 3 or 4 items...but adding nonetheless. As far as my husband, he only wants a telescope. Have you ever priced those things before? Have MERCY!! THOUSANDS of dollars for the ones that look just past the street lights :-). We saw one that was ONLY $25,000 and there was a guy standing next to it with a lab coat on. Wonder if he was figured into the $25K? Oh well, may have to look into that one too. Now I will admit there are FEW things that I want too. But if you don't mind my being a little cliche', I really got my Christmas gifts early this month. I got them last weekend as a matter of fact, when my oldest daughter came over to do a family picture. Ok, part of the family. We decided to just do the kids and the dog this year. And if I must say so myself, the picture came out great. The one above is not the one we sent out with our Christmas letter this year. But it's still one of my favorites. So with that, enjoy my early Christmas gifts. We call the "gifts", Briyanna, Markell, Jayla and Trae. Merry Christmas to you all!!!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Awwwww.....hope you all have a GREAT time Friday! Tony has a telescope! He LOVES his!!!