Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back to school - Part deaux

Not to worry everyone in blogland, I don't intend to do a day by day of my kids being back in school. I just had to share something funny with you. But before I get to that, let's just say that the bus system for the middle school kids leaves a little to be desired. First of all, school doesn't even BEGIN until 9:15am. And they get out at 4:15pm. What a day, huh?

Back to the busses, the morning bus is SUPPOSED to pick up at 8:33am. Yesterday, she didn't get here until 8:45am. I spoke to the driver and the poor thing was just confused. I told her how the route went last year and she thought that was better than the route she was given. However, my opinion means nothing considering I'm going by the route of the elementary school. Same kids...same street...what do I know? ANYWAY, she said it would take a few days for all the kinks to get worked out. And one of those "kinks" may be a later pick up for us. Markell has no problem with that, as he'll be able to sleep a little later (he thinks). Ok, now how's the afternoon schedule work, you ask? That bus didn't get to our stop until 5:00pm!!! I just KNEW Markell had gotten on the wrong bus and was just riding around West Cobb County! Once again, I talked to the driver and she informed me that there were issues with getting out of the school parking lot and no one knew what they were doing. Did I mention this is a brand new school and only the 2nd day it's actually been opened? This being the case, I kinda expected some confusion.

Anyway, today was a little better. She picked him up at 8:35am and dropped him off at 4:50pm. We're getting there.

Now, on to my cute "Jayla" story. This morning, I decided to let her sleep in an extra 15 minutes because I didn't have to do her hair (Alright you momma's of "brown" female children...ya'll know how user friendly the braids are?) Anyway, she comes knocking on my bedroom door 5 minutes before I was about to wake her. She asks if she can use the potty and if she can get in bed with me. I tell her "no" because it's time to get up, get breakfast and start getting ready for school. She stops suddenly and says to me, "AGAIN???" All I could do was laugh. The poor little thing has ZERO concept of time or how this whole "big school" thing works. And this is only the second day of PRE-school! It's gonna be a long year :-) LOL!!!

Thanks for your time.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Parents actually pay attention to the bus schedule? Wow.

Veroncia Butler said...

LOL! Jayla is a mess! Again?

ClassC Scrapper said...

How funny!!!!! That is too cute, Dawn. You must scrap that!!! How r u dealing with her being school???? I am so not ready for my baby to go to school. I have a year left to get ready!!!!

Valerie Vaughn said...

"again??"
that is just too funny!
my daughter started K this year and she was just too excited! all that worrying i've been doing, for nothing! she's doing great! the first day of school we saw a woman crying in her car after she had dropped her child off, my husband couldnt understand why!
i completely relate with you!

Muriel said...

poor thing...she has a long road ahead of her...maybe once she starts getting some friends at school...

Brown English Muffin said...

LOL....when my hair is braided I can sleep in an entire 30 minutes more!!!