Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lunch at the Square

Hello everyone in blogland. Is it just me or is it HOT?!?!?! My goodness, it's ridiculous! Today my van therm was reading 102 degrees around noon. However, I'm not sure if that's REALLY how hot it was outside. Can't quite figure that whole thermostat in the car thing out. Regardless, it FELT like 100+ today.

Anyway, I decided that it would still be a nice day to get out and enjoy the day. So I called Applebee’s, placed our order to be picked up "Curbside" and we headed off to the Marietta Square for lunch (we being my MIL, Markell, Jayla and myself). After circling the Square, we finally found a parking spot, then on to a nice bench under a huge shade tree. There weren't too many people and the cool breeze was wonderful.

Needless to say, I had my camera in tow. So after, we ate I started taking pictures. I "thought" I was going to try and use a few of the features on my camera that I'd been too chicken to use prior to today. However, I only used two...portrait and whatever the little flower thing is called
:-). Amateur!

Ok, time to share the fruits of my “photography” labor. Enjoy.


My pretty girl! What's with the tilted head? She does that in 90% of the pictures I take of her. I think this is her "cutesie - I'm posing" pose.

Jayla caught off guard standing by the pretty fountain.

Ok, now what's up with being this handsome? Markell hates taking pictures. But he sure takes some good ones. What a looker!!!

These kids are so stinkin cute! They made these flowers look even prettier :-).

Well, that's it I guess. I tried to add one more, but blogger didn't want to cooperate. But I got the best of the kids on here. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

ClassC Scrapper said...

WOW, Dawn, those are some gorgeous pics of your kids!!! What kind of camera do you have????

Diane said...

aww cute pictures!! Can't wait to see the LO. :)

Veroncia Butler said...

Great pictures Dawn. You are a really good photographer. The kids are too cute.