Monday, August 14, 2006

Summer is over...{Back to school}

I can't believe that summer vacation is over. The kids went back to school today. Well, one went 'back' the other started today.

Our morning went off without a hitch. Both kids were very rested and looking forward to their day. Markell even got dressed without having to be told 5 times. He started Middle School today - wow, 6th grade already! He had this nervous/excited look on his face this morning. I guess going to a new school can be a little unnerving. He's funny though. We went to his sneak-a-peek on Friday and we saw him checking out the "ladies" as we walked down the hall. He even asked his dad to give him a little trim before school today....LOL. We're talking about a kid that normally whines, "Ahhh MAN! Do I have to get a haircut?" Now he's ASKING for one. What's up with THAT? :-)

Don't cha just love his shirt? He said this was one of those "gotta haves". It says 'Tough guys wear pink".

What a handsome guy. And he wears the pink well.

No, she's not throwing up gang signs...LOL. She was singing the "Pre-K" song she'd made up this morning.

Look at the sparkle in her eyes and the excitement on her face. This alone is what kept me from crying hysterically this morning. There was no way I could cry in front of her when she was so excited about going to school. Now, don't get me wrong, I did cry a little once we got to her class. But she was jumping around laughing and saying, 'Bye mommy, bye daddy. I love ya'll!". Her excitement made me excited for her.

I couldn't wait until it was time to pick her up today. She told me about her day the entire ride home. She's already looking forward to going back tomorrow.

Markell's day will be a little longer. Middle school starts at 9:15am and will end at 4:15pm. It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts to this change.

Anyway, that's it for today. I sure hope the rest of the school year goes as smoothly as today did. I'm inspired!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I knew you would do ok!

Anonymous said...

The kids are gorgeous. Jayla looks like she is getting taller and I love the "knee in the air."
Tell Markell that the pink is "HOT" and I'm looking for a shirt just like that to give to Dan.

Veroncia Butler said...

I'm so glad you stayed strong Girl...lol Just think of all the fun you will be having now with both kids at school. Enjoy!

Diane said...

Ahh the first day of school... the memories. ;)

Too cute. Glad you made it through.