Saturday, January 07, 2006

Precious Moments


Ya know, there are some moments with your children that are just so special. Moments that are simply indicative of their innocence and curiosity. Today, I experienced one of those moments with my 4 year old, Jayla. We were on our way home from doing a little shopping and the conversation went something like this:

Jayla: (staring out the window) "Mommy?"
Me: "Yes?"
Jayla: "Mommy, when is Jesus coming?"
Me: "Hmmm, I don't know baby. Nobody knows when He's coming."
Moment of silence
Jayla: "Mommy?"
Me: "Yes, Jayla?"
Jayla: "Well, I thought Jesus was gonna come and take us to Heaven!"
Me: "He is sweetie!"
Jayla: "WHEN??"
Me: "I don't know baby. We just have to wait here and be good until He comes back to get us and take us to Heaven."
Jayla: "Mommy, where IS Heaven?"
Me: (Pointing out the window toward the sky) "It's far, far, far away!"
Moment of silence
Jayla: (still staring out the window) "Well....I hope it's not as far as Granny's house. Cuz she lives FAR!!"

Obviously, I busted out laughing at this comment. Because we all complain about the drive to my mothers house. She only lives 4.5 hours away in Mobile, Alabama. But the drive is more boring than anything. Jayla calls the expressway, the "road". So everytime we go somewhere, she asks if we have to get on the "road". It was hard to explain that we had to drive on the "road" the entire way to Granny's house. That's probably why she thought it was so far.

It's precious moments like this one with Jayla, that remind me of how much I actually LOVE being a mother. Because Lord knows, I need to be reminded every once in a while. :-)

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

ROFLOL.....what a sweet story! Little Miss Jayla is a hoot!