Monday, January 23, 2006

TAG...I guess I'm it (Thanks Adrienne)

Looks like I've been tagged. So I guess I'd better get on with it. Like I said, I love doing these questionnaires. But this one may ask a little more than I'm willing to share :-). Here goes:

1. First time you got kissed. How was it?
Well, the first time I got kissed, I was in the 7th grade. How was it you ask...it wasn't what I expected. Kinda wet :-). Not to mention about 10 of our friends were there watching...just to see if I'd go through with it. How embarassing!

2. First time you drove a car. What kind of car was it?
Too funny, the first time I drove, I was going to my then boyfriend, Tony's house. I was 18 and it was raining outside. I had a little problem pressing the brakes and I rear ended another car...a police car no less. ARGH!!! Then, when I backed up a little, I hit a telephone pole. What a day! I was driving a BRIGHT Yellow Chevy Chevette.

3. First time you scrapbooked. When you look at your page, do you love it?
The first time I scrapbooked was in July of 2001. I started on Markell's book and it SUX! But I will not redo any of the pages because it helps me see how far I've come. Not to mention, it is fun to look at.

4. First time you went on a date. Where did you go? Who with?
ARGH!!! My first date was to my Junior/Senior Prom in 1983. (see photo) My date (and then boyfriend, Tony) was over an hour late picking me up. We went to Red Lobster for dinner. And he was drag racing down the highway to the hotel where the prom was held. I thought we were gonna go to jail that night. I was given permission to stay out until 1am that night. I got home at 10:45pm!!! Just the thought of that night TICKS me off!!! :-)

5. First time you fell in love. How did you know?
What did I know? I was only 16. But I would have to say the first time I "fell in love" was with a guy who didn't even know I walked this planet. I knew I was "in love" with him because he was so different from all the other FOOLS I went to school with. And because he consumed my every thought. Come to find out, I wasn't really in love after all. That didn't REALLY happen until I met Marque, my husband. That one, I can't explain...I just KNEW...and still do!! (too sappy?)

6. First time you cooked for someone. Was it yummy? What did you make?
Marque was the first person I cooked for. Ya know, it was pretty tasty. We had Cornish Hens with gravy, corn on the cobb and crescent rolls. We had dessert too, but I can't remember what it was.

7. First time you got on a plane. Where did you go? Were you scared?
My first plane trip was from Georgia to New York to visit my dad. I was too excited to be scared. I hadn't seen him in a couple years.

8. First time you shaved your legs. Did you cut yourself?
I think I was 15 when I shaved my legs for the first time. One of my friends was spending the night with me so we decided to try shaving our legs. I don't think I cut myself, I just remember it not being as "fun" as all the other girls said it was. I don't think I've shaved my legs since. Fortunately, I don't really have to :-).

9. First time you put on makeup. Looking back, how did you look? Did you look good or like a clown?
I think I was in the 10th grade. And it was picture day. I think it looked alright. However, my mother thought I looked a little like a clown. The lipstick I had on was a bit much. And I don't wear lipstick to this day...I HATE the way it feels on my lips. It's enough for me to wear chapstick. (Here's that 10th grade picture. What do you think?)

10. First time you moved out of your (parents) home. Was it to an apartment or house?
I moved out of my mothers house into an apartment in April of 1988. It was me and my 3 year old daughter. The apartment was AWFUL!!! That was the longest 6 months of my life!!!

Well, there you have it. I've lived such a sheltered life :-). That was fun. Can't think of anyone I want to tag. So we'll just go from Adrienne's list and see what happens.

Have a groovy day!!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

WOW! Crazy pictures!!!!! Loved your answers!!!!

Muriel said...

you didn't do so bad with your makeup...it has got to be heavier for pics, right?...