Sunday, January 29, 2006

We passed inspection {smile}

Well, the day finally came. Adrienne came to town yesterday, did her "family" thing then came to visit us today. I tell you, I was SO excited about her coming. THEN...I got that phone call. Adrienne says, "Ok, I've got good news and I've got bad news!". What an awful thing to hear when you've just prepared a HUGE pan of lasagna, a big ole bowl of salad AND a delicious dessert! Well, fortunately, the bad news wasn't so bad. As long as they could get rid of her husbands migrane headache, they're still coming.

But we now know where Adrienne's love lies...it's with shopping :-). Before, she could come see us, she HAD to take a trip to the IKEA store. She's a mess. But she did locate it and was totally in another world (check out her BLOG for details on that trip). I hear another trip back is already being planned :-).

ANYway, Adrienne and her family finally made it to our home. Just as we were putting away the vaccum cleaner and going over the floor one more time with the broom, they pulled up. YAY!! Jayla comes running down the stairs yelling, "Miss Adrienne is HERE!!, Miss Adrienne is HERE!!!" She was almost as excited as me...but I wasn't yelling :-).

It was so cool to be able to meet, face to face, a FRIEND that I've been conversing with a little over 2 months. Like I said before, our meeting was simply routine. Had you seen us together today, eating dinner, talking scrapbook talk and just sitting around laughing with our husbands, you'd think we've known eachother for years. It was so funny, when they got ready to leave, Adrienne's 6 year old was crying because she didn't want to leave. And her 9 year old was a little calmer about it, but she didn't want to leave either. Adrienne joined in the "whining" stating that she too, wanted to stay a little longer. We must be quite the hosts, huh? :-). I don't know about you, but it sure makes me feel good when your guests are enjoying themselves so much that they don't want to leave. I'm flattered. Good thing is, we've agreed to try and visit with eachother more often. I'm looking forward to what the future holds for this friendship....me and Adriennes, our husbands AND our kids.








This is me and Adrienne. Doesn't she look tall? She's not. She had on 4 inch heels :-). Boy, we look tired, don't we? It was hard work getting this meeting together :-).









These are our 2 little "Diva's". My DD, Jayla (on the left) and Adrienne's DD, Kayla, had a ball playing dress up. Love that boa!







Here are all the kids. By the time this picture was taken, they were all just about ready for a nap. But I think they had a great time together. At least it sounded like it with all the noise they were making and all the toys that were spread around our playroom (They did a great job cleaning up though).

Whew, this entire planning thing was exhausting. It's especially hard when you're looking so farward to meeting someone. But everything went very, very well and I think we both passed inspection.

Adrienne, I officially welcome you and your family into my life. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, now everyone will see the SAME pics on my blog! LOL...we REALLY enjoyed ourselves! Glad to see my link is still there! LOL

ClassC Scrapper said...

I just finished reading Adrienne's blog and journeyed to yours and saw the same pics. Too cute!!!! I am so glad that you guys had a great time. Sounds like a special friendship has developed!!!!

Diane said...

Aww how cute! Glad you guys met up finally! Now over to Adrienne's to read the other side of the story :)