Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Addictions...does everyone have them?

I know when most people hear the word addition, they immediately think about drugs or alcohol or something of the like. But that's not always the case. I'd like to think that I don't have any addictions, but my family and friends think otherwise.

What am I addicted to, you ask? Again, I say nothing. But if I had to make an educated guess, I'd have to say that I'm very FOND of the following: (don't you love my play on words? lol)

I'm really fond of: (in no particular order, of course)
~Scrapbooking
~Sleeping
~Shopping (with or without coupons)
~Dr. Pepper
~Chick Fil A
~My computer
~Blogging
~Dr. Pepper :-)

Ok, ok...now that's just enough! Sheesh! Now the average person wouldn't call these addictions, would you??? Those are just things that I REALLY, really enjoy and can almost live without...lol.
I'm sure I could think of a few other things, if I really put my mind to it. But why bother?

However, there is one that I "stumbled" upon earlier this week that I didn't realize I had...and I trully mean stumbled. MAGAZINES...now who would admit to something so silly? I guess I would. Just look at this small mountain of magazines. The worst part about this is, these are ONLY the ones from my "bedside reading stack". I have about 2 - 3 more stacks like this in my scrap area. And not to mention, I just recently got rid of my 2005 issues...so there's another mountain (or two).

I admit it, I LOVE magazines. Between me and my mother in law, we get just about every magazine that's in print. But my scrapbook ones, are my all time favs. I don't subscribe to any of them at the moment...but I can't stop myself from checking out the reading section everytime I go to the store. It's kind of embarassing when my 5 year old says, "Hey mom, you have THOSE already!" It's crazy, I tell you!

And just in case you're wondering, I DO go back through them from time to time just to see if I missed something. When I purge my old issues, I go back through one more time and rip out anything that may be of interest later. So there is a method to the madness!

Ok, so what's YOUR addiction? I know you've got one...or two. Let's talk about it. You know, that's the first step to recovery, is acknowledging that there's a problem. :-)

6 comments:

Muriel said...

scrapbooking and tv...or scrapbooking while watching tv...

Jude said...

hmmm... I think the scrapping supplies, definitely. I also love the magazines, but have let go of some of my subscriptions... and I miss them!! I love olives too, they are an addiction. And talking too much, I think if it is possible for that to be one, it is for me...
ANd I do the same thing when I get rid of magazines!! LOL...

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh yeah... I'm addicted to magazines too! (I love the March CK, by the way. I've already been so inspired by it!)
Let's see... my "addictions" would include...
Scrapbooking
Scrapbook mags
Blogging
Mysteries
"Heroes"
SPORTS
Church (feels funny calling that an addiction, but it's a good one! lol)
Travel
Sweet tea
Diet Dr. Pepper!!!!!!

Diane said...

Before I read further down in your post, I was like "Woman please! You left a HUGE one off the list! MAGAZINES!!" lol Glad you recognize all of your addictions. ;)

Susie Q said...

I have a magazine addiction too! I know I have it bad!!
Travel, Coca Cola, chocolate, magaines, books, talking too much, blogging, potato chips,
movies, pop corn, worrying...
I am sure there are more I am ashamed to admit!
Love,
Sue

Brown English Muffin said...

I have to do this one!!! Every other answer would be chocolate but I still have to do it none the less!!!