Sunday, March 11, 2007

Something new for YOU...

Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend, and assuming you had some good weather, hope you were able to get outside and enjoy it.

As you see in my title, I've got something new for all of my readers. But before I explain, I'd like to give my dear, special friend, Gina my sincerest thanks for helping me with this. Last week, Gina sent me a really awesome poem, that I'm gonna share in a just a moment. I don't think she was aware that I absolutely LOVE poems, quotes & sayings. I use them TONS in my scrapbooking. And now, I'd like to start using them in my blogging.

I've shared a couple over the past month or so, and I gotten some really good feedback from you about them. So I'm getting the feeling that I'm not the only one who is inspired by the written word.

SOOOO, now, for the something new. Beginning today, I will share a new poem, quote or saying at the beginning of every week. I'm shooting for either Sundays or Mondays...you know, just to get your week off to a good start. Gina and I tried to come up with a "name" for my new blog addition....she even threw out some great ideas for me. However, the more I thought about it, the more I kept coming back to the name of my blog...Be Inspired. With that in mind, I have come up with (drum roll please)...............Inspired to Inspire! So, be on the look out every week for that title.

As long as I've known Gina, she has continued to be an inspiration to me and my family. I miss her so much and I'm still very sad that she doesn't live here in GA anymore. But if everything works out, she and her lovely family may be moving back here. I can't wait! So, again, Gina, I thank you for your friendship, your continued support and especially for your love. Special friends like you are hard to come by. This new weekly posting will always be dedicated to you...as you have "Inspired me to inspire" others. Love you girl!!!

Now, without further delay, here's the first poem I'd like to share with you. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANYWAY
People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends & true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, they may cheat you; Be forthright anyway.
What you spent years building, they may destroy overnight; Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous and scorn, Be joyous anyway.
The good you do today, they often will forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it will never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them, ANYWAY!
~~~~
Be Inspired...I am! Have a great week.

4 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Wonderful idea Dawn!!! I absolutely LOVE quotes and poetry and have thought about doing this myself on my blog. They bring me so much joy, so perhaps you've inspired me to start sharing them too!!
Love your choice for today. Just great!!! And I will loook forward toM Mondays on your blog even more!!

Gretchen said...

Thanks, Dawn, for the lovely poem that you shared. I'm a new reader, turned on to both you and Bev recently and really enjoy your blog. I look forward to cont'd inspiration. Blessings, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such a true inspiration to others. What better way of bringing people together, than with flowers and words of comfort and hope! Thanks for including me in your blog. I feel so special!

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, I absolutely love the title...Inspired to Inspire! It reminds me of my favorite quote...Blessed to be a Blessing!