Friday, March 16, 2007

IKEA furniture upgrade

Now I said in my Friday Flower Fix post that today was going to be a busy day. And it has been.

On Monday, my DH and I went to IKEA to look at some new bedroom furniture for Jayla. Originally, her room was the guest room. But when she came along 5 years ago, that room became hers. Now that we've gotten the basement finished, we've gotten our guestroom back. So, we moved Jayla's furniture to that room and bought her something new. Anyway, back to Monday. We looked at a full sized bed and some dressers just to see if that's what we wanted and to make sure it was in stock. It was...YAY!!! But we couldn't actually buy it until today...BOO!!!

Backing up a bit, I've asked a few people what they thought about the quality of furniture from IKEA and I received both big praises and some, "It's ok's". So I decided that I'd let DH make the final decision. That way, if it turned out to be crappy, it wouldn't be my fault...hee hee.

Ok, so today, we run to IKEA and purchase a full sized bed, mattress and 2 dressers. We get everything loaded in the van and headed home. Fortunately, my dad is in town visiting from New York, so he helped my DH put everything together. Oh my goodness you guys...it's beautiful!! I simply love it!!! AND...they got it all put together before Jayla got home from school. She was SO surprised and couldn't help jumping on her new "low profile" bed.

Whatcha think??
Here's my husband and my dad working together on the bed. Ya know, this is quite a site for me. I mean, they put Jayla's bicycle together a few years ago...but that was pretty much a no brainer. But to see them reading instructions and working on FURNITURE together was just special to me. I am so blessed to have a husband who loves and gets along with his in-laws. Me and his mom are the same way. Except we've never put furniture together before...lol.

Here they are putting one of the dressers together.

And finally, the room is complete. Isn't it adorable? I just love it. DH actually picked out the dressers...he really liked the frosted fronts and how "different" they looked. I think it looks great and adds to the brightness and openess of the room.

Ok, that's it. I just had to share. Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Love the new furniture. I agree with Marque, that dresser is really cute. In th 2nd picture, he looks a little perplexed though. ;)

Jada said...

I ran across your blog and started reading it. Your daughter room is beautiful. I have a three old daugther and my dream is to decorate her bedroom.I can only do this when my teenager gradute next year..

ScrappinMyRoots said...

I know Ikea inside and out and that is exactly what I thought you where getting for Jayla. It's lovely, and I'm sure she will enjoy it. Glad to hear your hubby had help. Enjoy your fathers stay.

Susie Q said...

What a sweet and pretty room! Just right for such a sweet and pretty Jayla!

And you had two handsome men to help do the work! : )

Love,
Sue

Veroncia Butler said...

What a beautuful room. Fit for a princess.

Muriel said...

such a cute room there...