Sunday, March 04, 2007

What a FUN weekend!

Hello everyone. I hope you all are having a great weekend. Today has been a lazy, relaxing day for me. And I'm loving it.

Yesterday, on the other hand, was quite the opposite. But in a good way. Let's see, where should I begin?

Well, yesterday, was opening season for soccer. And outside of the frigid wind, it was a beautiful opening day. Jayla played first and was all bundled up in her soccer gear. THIS year, we opted to go with black tights to be worn under her shorts and a long sleeve shirt under her jersey. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the U6 teams get new uniforms EVERY season. The standard colors for this league are red, black & white. But this year, they've changed it up on us. Aside from the white jersey for "away" games. They now have navy blue shirts (with red & white writing) for "home" games instead of red. Now, when I went to pick up Jayla's new uniform, I was a little shocked. We happen to be good friends with the guy who runs the league. So I pulled him aside and told him that if in fact, navy WAS going to be the new color, that Jayla wouldn't be able to play when she was the "home" team. He asked why and I told him that no daughter of mine is going to be wearing a navy shirt with black shorts!!! LOL. Believe me, it looked AWFUL together. He just laughed at me and told me not to worry, the red shorts and socks would be in later this week. Whew...that was close...lol.

Anyway, the Cheetahs did really well. And, let Jayla tell it, she scored her normal amount of goals...50! Hee Hee. She's too much! Fortunately, they don't keep score at this playing level. So I won't say rather they won or lost. But again, let Jayla tell it, they WON and it was a close one, even with her 50 goals! Gotta love 5 year olds.

Markell and the Stingrays played later in the day. As I've mentioned in the past, Markell literally runs away when he sees me with the camera. So I didn't get any pix of him. However, the team photographer, got some. And as soon as she says they're available, I'll post one of him.

Last season, Markell didn't play. But he was SO excited to get back in uniform and on the field. He looked AWESOME! Unfortunately, he didn't score, but he did help his team win 5 to 4. And the good thing about this win is, this particular team is the ONLY team that beat the Stingrays last season. So that was awesome to start the season with a win to this team. Not to mention, it sure pumps the boys up. So stay tuned for a picture of #14!!! He ROCKS!!!

NOW...after our game, we stayed at the field and watched the next game. Just so happens, one of the teams that played after us, is who we're playing this coming weekend. After watching that game, several of us decided to go grab a bite to eat. About 14 of us (including kids) went to a local Mexican restaurant. I'm STILL full!
Then, after dinner, we decided to catch a movie. Now, for those of you who know me, you know that I don't go to movies that often. So I was really excited about this part of the evening. One of the mothers took the little girls to see Astronaut Farmer with Billy Bob Thornton. From what I'm told, it wasn't that great. Jayla slept through it. But the rest of us went to see Wild Hogs. Talk about FUNNY! Oh my goodness, I think we laughed the entire movie. "Bobby" (Martin Lawrence) was very funny. It was great to see him playing in a movie such as this. Very unexpected but it fit him well. "Dudley" (William H. Macy) was HILARIOUS! He's normally in such serious roles. But this was a perfect fit for him. "Doug" (Tim Allen)...what can you say about him? He's a MESS! I loved his part too. Very funny. And last but not least, "Woody" (John Travolta) was OFF THE CHAIN! I don't think I've ever seen him play a part this funny. I mean, he can be a funny guy, but not like this. Love it!!
So if you don't get to go see another movie this Spring, try to see this one. It's very worth it and it's so much fun!!! Two thumbs up (I've always wanted to say that)
Ok, that's all I have for today. Hey, be nice...I can hear you all saying, "sheesh, it's about TIME!!" lol I just had a fun weekend and wanted to share with you.
Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'm sure I'll be seeing you around soon!




8 comments:

ScrappinMyRoots said...

Jayla looks ready for action! I am glad too that they will not have to wear navy shirts with black shorts. LOL

Jude said...

SO glad to get a thumbs up on this movie, I have been wanting to see it! Now, I am so LOL anout you and the uniforms... I would've done the same thing!!LOL... DO you still want to swap pages sometime? I think that was a great idea!

Brown English Muffin said...

Thanks so much for the movie review...I totally wanted to see this movie and now I will!!!

I love the picture of Jayle her smile makes you want to smile!!!

Muriel said...

uniforms...lol!....

I think I might just check out that movie.....

Keianna said...

Your little girl looks so cute and ready to play :-) I might see this movie this weekend. TFS

Cheryl Wray said...

Love that picture!!! What a cutie pie!!!
I love youth sports. We started softball this weekend and I just love it!!! But I do NOT like playing in the cold!!!
I have see ncommercials for the movie and it looks hilarious. Good to hear that it lived up to it!!!

Anonymous said...

Soccer season. I miss those. We are still in winter basketball for another week. Doesn't look like we are doing soccer, Ross has no interest this year. Great photo.

Susie Q said...

Jayla looks adorable! Tell her Congratulations!! : )

Bill used to coach jr. basletball and T ball and it was always a hoot to hear the little ones talk about how they won or how many points they scored!
I would have been with you about the colors!! LOL
I am so glad to hear you say the movie is good. My mom actually wanted to go and we heard the critics griping about it. Then you and a friend here say it is great! I have always told myself NOT to listen to critics! They do not know what we all actually LIKE! I think we will go now!

Oh! Thank you for your comment about my pet's birthdays!! Uh huh...we are goofy that way. You know, I was never a real cat person and then we got our first cat. I was hooked. Lucy is our 2nd and Henry our 3rd. Of course, we do have our doggie, Kip too! He runs the show and gosh does he love the cats! We alaways say they are HIS! : )