Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Questionnaire

Happy Tuesday everyone!

During my daily blog reading today, I came across a few questions on Susie Q's site. For the record, her site is so fun and it just makes you happy when you read it. Anyway, she had some questions on there today about Spring. So I took it upon myself to answer them. I'm sure my answers won't be as elaborate as hers, but here goes:

What is your favorite part of Spring?
Hmmm, now this answer COULD go on forever. But I'll try to be brief. I'd have to say that one of my favorite parts of Spring are the flowers. I simply LOVE flowers and all the colors are so vibrant and refreshing. I'm not much of a gardener, actually I can say that I HATE yardwork! But I love flowers in the yard. I just want them to "BE" there. I don't want to have to plant them myself :-). I always tease my family and neighbors and tell them that I'm just going to go and buy some silk flowers and plop them in my yard. When the colors start to fade, I'll just yank them up, throw 'em in the trash and plop some more down...LOL. But I've been told that I'd live a long and lonely life if I EVER did that. I don't see the problem! But ANYWAY. Another favorite part of Spring is soccer. I love to watch the kids play soccer. There's something really special about sitting out there in the fresh air,cheering on your kids, chatting with friends and drinking a big ole Dr. Pepper. I've always vowed that I'd never succumb to the stereotypical SAHM. But I admit it, I have...I am a SOCCER MOM!!! (in both the Spring and the Fall) and I LOVE it!

What is your least favorite part of Spring?
Bugs, pollen and puddles from all the rain.

What is the most severe weather event you've ever experienced?
Fortunately, I've not experienced really severe weather...thank God! I do remember, though, when we use to live in an apartment, a really bad tornado blew through our complex. After it was over, me and my DH, went outside to "inspect" the damage. Not sure what we thought we could do. But it was fun. Sorry, it wasn't "fun"...maybe a little exciting. Our crazy selves stood by the sliding glass door (NOTE: we are aware that this was a dumb idea) and watched tree branches and roof top shingles blow by. Talk about cool!! lol Oh, and then last April, a really bad storm came through and a HUGE tree branch punctured a hole in the side of our house. Now THAT was scary! It happened at like, 4:00 in the morning. Fortunately, it came through a closet in our playroom and no one was in there. Not to mention, me and DH were the only ones who heard the loud noise it made.

Daylight Savings Time (DST) began last Sunday, 3 weeks earlier than in previous years. How do you feel about DST? Love it, hate it, could care less?
Well, personally, I don't see the need for it. I can't quite understand why we do it or what purpose it serves. However, I could actually care less. It seems to really affect people, with regards to sleep. But it doesn't really phase me, I don't really notice the difference in the hour change, one way or the other.

Well, that's it. That was interesting. Feel free to answer them yourselves, I'd love to know what your favorite and not so favorite things about Spring are. Have a happy day!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Great 'different' type of questions for a quiz. And love your LONG answers. :)

Cheryl Wray said...

LOVE your answers! I also saw this on Susie's blog and have earmarked it for me to use on my next week's Random Tuesday post too.
I also love Spring!!