Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 25 - Be Thankful

Today, November 25th, I am thankful for - FELLOWSHIP

I'll be honest, I was a little nervous about our Thanksgiving get together this year. Last year, we had Thanksgiving here at our house. And as in the past, we "discussed" who would host the festivities the following year. My SIL was the chosen one this year.  My SIL is a single woman, she lives alone and quite frankly, isn't use to or accustomed to having a house full of people. Especially young kids running around. So needless to say, I was a little nervous about it. And from what it sounds like, she wasn't really looking forward to it.

BUT...we got to my SIL's house and she had it so beautifully decorated. Along with us bringing most of the main Thanksgiving staples, she also asked me to make 3 centerpieces for the tables. She was so excited that I chose to use fresh, Fall flowers and candles for the centerpieces. It just added to how nice everything was.

You guys, there was SO MUCH food!  It all looked DEEElicious!!! My MIL (Bless her heart) cooked for 3 days prior to the big event. And good LAWD did my house smell DEVINE!!! :-)

The 20+ family members that were there all joined hands, forming a giant circle. And my husband said the most beautiful blessing. Making sure to not only bless the delicious food. But the preparers of the food, the hostess, and the FELLOWSHIP of family.

Doesn't get much better than that. Well, maybe if the Cowboys had won...LOL!

No comments: