Friday, November 05, 2010

Day 5 - Be Thankful

Today, Friday, November 5th, I am thankful for....

PAY DAY :-) - Ok, as most of you know, I have been blessed with the ability to be a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom).  I have been home now a little over 6 years. And BOY is it overwhelming! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my life and wouldn't trade it for the world. But I am, by nature a worrier. And for the past 6 years, I have WORRIED that my husbands salary alone would be enough to take care of all our needs. Let alone our wants. 

But to DATE...it has been proven, month after month. Year after year, that we can and DO meet all of our financial obligations.

I guess you're wondering what brought this "thought" about? Well, briefly, I had to go grocery shopping today. And it may be due to my current PMSing emotional state. But I had a major melt down at the grocery store today. From August to about January every year, we do kinda struggle a little bit financially. So many things happen around the same time frame and sometimes it's hard to get caught back up. But again, we DO! By the grace of God...we get caught up. Anyway, I went to the store today and it was a major shopping day. So I pretty much HAD to get one of everything :-).  I get to the register with my full shopping cart, only to have the lady ring up everything, scan my $5.00 worth of coupons and drop the $214.44 total on me! I thought I'd pass out! That may not sound like a lot to some. But again, due to my current emotional state, I MELTED!! Mister M. worked from home today. So that added to my stress as I knew he'd be here when I got here with all this...STUFF! 

Anyway, I come home, Mister M. comes down to help me unload the car and I lost it again. I wish you could've seen the look on Mister M. & his mothers face when I started to cry! They asked what was wrong and I told them how much I HATE grocery shopping, how much I HATE that everything costs so much, and how I HATE that I feel like I'm just throwing away Mister M's hard earned money. As he stood there with his mouth dropped open because I was literally...TRIPPIN! :-) He asked how much I'd spent. Hesitantly, I told him the amount. ONLY for him to say, "That's ALL?!?!" To which I almost passed out again :-).  He then says, "Hmmm, I was expecting at LEAST $250 today, so you did GOOD!" HUH!!!  Maybe next time I should ask what my "limit" is before I head out to do the shopping. At least then I don't have to embarrass myself by crying over GROCERIES.

THIS is why I'm thankful for PAYDAY!!! The blessing in all of this is, at least we HAVE the money to pay for what we need. Crazy thing is, I KNOW this. But it's still hard for me. See ya next time, Payday!!

Enjoy your day, everyone.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Amen!

Girl you are truly truly blessed to have the supportive and wonderful man that you have! That is awesome! He loves you!

You made me smile when you were trippin over the grocery bill though...Im sure you needed every bit of the $215 honey...like hubby said, "Don't trip!"

Remember...Gods got your back!
XOXO

Tricia