Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 29 - Be Thankful

Today, Monday, November 29th, I am thankful for - BEDTIME!

What a day!

Today wasn't abnormally crazy or anything. But I was really looking forward to bedtime. Not just for myself...but mostly for my 9 year old :-).  Most of the time, she is WIRED in the evenings. And bedtime cannot come quick enough sometimes. All I hear in the play room is singing, dancing, and laughing. NONE of things are bad. It's just after a while, it just gets...um, loud :-).

I realize I should embrace these moments as they will be over in a few years. I've been blessed to hear these sounds from 2 other kids prior to Jayla.

And there are no sounds as pleasant as hearing your child enjoy life and having a good time. I guess, when you think about it, her having this "fun" in the evenings, makes an easy bedtime. By the time 9pm rolls around, she's BEAT! :-) We have never had any trouble with Jayla going to bed when it's time. For that, I am also thankful.

MY bedtime is the time I look forward to spending with Mister M. Although I "call it a night" soon after Jayla goes to bed, Mister M. and I are either talking & catching up with eachother or watching TV. So we may not even go to sleep ourselves until 11pm or so. Gotta love winding down at the end of a busy (or not so busy) day!

No comments: